Chapter Forty-Nine

||Battle of the Bastards||

"Despite appearances, I think you'll find the city's on the rise." Tyrion said after the Pyramid was hit once again by one of their bombs. Daenerys was not amused in the slightest. 

Tyrion flinched, each time the Pyramid got hit beginning to panic, "Perhaps we should take shelter."

"The city's on the rise?" Daenerys repeated.

"Meereen is strong." Tyrion stated in self defense, "Commerce has returned to the markets. The people are behind you."

He flinched again from the crashing, "Well, not all the people, of course. No ruler that ever lived had the support of all the people."

"But the rebirth of Meereen is the cause of this violence." Zephyr spoke up, "The masters cannot let Meereen succeed. Because if Meereen succeeds, a city without slavery, a city without masters... It proves that no one needs a master."

"Good." Daenerys said. "Shall we begin?"

"Do we have a plan?" Tyrion asked, confused. But Zephyr quickly caught on with what Daenerys meant. 

"We will crucify the masters. We will set their fleets afire, kill every last one of their soldiers, and return their cities to the dirt." Daenerys' light blue eyes gazed into Zephyr's own dark ones, filled with determination. She was not kidding and Zephyr didn't know if this turned her on.

"That is our plan." Daenerys said. 

"You doN't approve?" Zephyr asked noticing Tyrion's uneasy face expression.

"You once told me you knew what your father was." Tyrion's gaze was locked on Daenerys alone. "Did you know his plans for King's Landing when the Lannister armies were at his gates? Probably not. Well he told my brother, and Jaime told me. He had caches of wildfire hidden uner the Red Keep, the Guildhalls, the Sept of Baelor, all the major thoroughfares. He would've burned every one of his citizens. The loyal ones and the traitors. Every man, woman and child. That's why Jaime killed him."

"This is entirely different." Daenerys retorted. 

"You're talking about destroying cities. It's not entirely different." Tyrion sternly stated, "I'd like to suggest an alternate approach."

Then the windows were broken through with a loud crash, which scared the living shit out of them. It only made Daenerys angrier though, so they met up with the masters once more, outside, so they could talk.

"Once before, I offered you peace." The first master spoke to Daenerys. "If you had not been so arrogant, you could have returned to your homeland with a fleet of ships. Instead, you will flee Slaver's Bay on foot, like the beggar Queen you are."

"We are here to discuss terms of surrender, not trade insults." Zephyr spoke, keeping herself calm. 

"The terms are simple." The man who bought Tyrion for amusement said, "You and your foreign friends will abandon the Great pyramid and the city of Meereen. The Unsullied you stole from Kraznys mo Nakloz will remain to be sold to the highest bidder. The translator you stole from Kraznys mo Nakloz will remain to be sold again to the highest bidder. The dragons beneath the great pyramid will be slaughtered."

Zephyr laughed.

She really couldn't help herself, it was ridiculous.

"We obviously didn't communicate clearly." Zephyr chuckled, "We're here to discuss your surrender, not ours."

"I imagine it's difficult to adjust to the new reality." The first master said, "Your reign is over,"

"Our reign has just begun." Daenerys said. Then a screech was heard from Drogon and soon enough, he flew over them before landing on the ruin that stood nearby before jumping down to stand between Daenerys and Zephyr.