Chapter Forty

||Road to Meereen||

On the road to Meereen, Zephyr, Varys and Tyrion sat in a carriage in silence. Tyrion was staring at his glass of wine before he spoke, "There's a bug."

"Yes, best be careful." Zephyr said, "You might accidentally consume some solid food."

"When I agreed to come with you, did i misrepresent my intentions?" Tyrion asked, irritated. Zephyr simply rolled her eyes and laid down, closing her eyes in an attempt to sleep the whole journey to Meereen.

"Besides, what else is there for me to do inside this fucking box?" The drunken dwarf asked.

"You don't like it?" It was Varys' turn to ask questions.

"I want to take a walk." Tyrion finally admitted.

"You can't." Varys said sternly. "Cersei has offered a lordship to the man who brings her your head."

"Sounds more like mother to keep a grudge for the rest of her life. So classy." Zephyr stated.

"She ought to offer her cunt." Tyrion said bitterly, which made the young Queen give him a look of distaste. "Best part of her for the best part of me." Tyrion shrugged after noticing her look.

"Well I suppose a box is as good a place for me as anywhere." Tyrion sighed.

Zephyr, having had enough of his attitude finally sat up, "Are we really going to spend the entire road to Volantis talking about the futility of everything?"

"You're right. No Point." Tyrion shrugged once more, not a care in the world anymore. "The road to Volantis? You said we're going to Meereen. WHat's in Volantis?" Tyrion asked his niece.

"The road to Meereen." Zephyr deadpanned. "Your head doesn't seem to be the best part of you anymore now, does it?"

"And what do you hope to find at the end of the road to Meereen?" Tyrion continued asking.

"We told you ten times already. A ruler. Daenerys Targaryen." Zephyr responded, rubbing her temples, feeling the headache from this senseless conversation.

"We've already got a ruler. You." Tyrion pointed his wine glass at his niece. "Everywhere has already got a ruler. Every pile of shit on the side of every road has someones banner hanging from it."

"You were quite good, you know. AT ruling." Zephyr told her Uncle, whom she fought so hard for to get out of King's Landing alive, with his annoyingly big head still on his neck. "During your brief tenure as hand."

"I didn't rule, I was a servant." Tyrion said as he went to sit down next to his niece, who begrudgingly sat up instead of lying down.

"Still, a man of talent." Varys said.

"Managed to kill a lot of people." Tyrion added, "Yes, but you showed great promise in other areas as well."  Varys told his friend.

"She wanted me to leave King's Landing. She begged me. I wouldn't go." Tyrion spoke softly as he remembered Shae's soft words.

"Why?" Zephyr asked.

"Cause I liked it. Power. Even as a servant." Tyrion admitted before taking another swig of his wine. Zephyr knew exactly how he felt. She felt it everytime she used her mysterious powers, especially during the Battle of the Blackwater Lake.

"People follow leaders. They will never follow us. They find us repulsive." Varys told the pair.

"I find us repulsive." Tyrion said, before finding the offended look on Zephyr's face. Her brows were furrowed as she clearly was deep in thought to listen to any of their rambling.