Chapter Forty-Eight

||No one||

"In the last fortnight since our pact with the masters, how many killings have been carried out by the Sons of the Harpy?" Varys asked as he, Tyrion, Missandei, Grey Worm and Zephyr found themselves in the small council chambers.

Tyrion poured himself and his niece some wine, who looked worse and worse as the days went on. He worried for her, and he didn't know what Varys had told her that night, but since then she hasn't been the same sweet young woman he knew.

Zephyr became vengeful, full of hate. Like her mother. Tyrion didn't want her to become that, not if he could help it.

"Thank you." Zephyr said as she took the glass of wine and drank.

"None." Grey worm stated. 

"And how many Masters have been butchered by the free men?" Varys asked.

"Two, but that was the day of the pact." Grey worm admitted. "Since then, nothing."

"So, it's safe to say that a fragile peace has taken hold." Varys confirmed, very pleased with the situation at hand.

"For now." Grey worm spoke. 

"For now is the best we get in our profession." Varys stated. 

"It's not enough." Zephyr told them, pacing.

"Considering the city was on the brink of civil war, I'd say it's a good start." Varys frowned.

"It's not enough for Meereen to have peace." Zephyr said as she took another sip of her wine. "They need to know Daenerys is responsible for it. The Sons of the Harpy have a good story. Resist the foreign invaders. Daenerys has an even better story. Mother od Dragons, Breaker of Chains and all that." 

"The people know who brought them freedom." Missandei said, wearing a confused look on her pretty face. 

"Yes, but do they know who brought them security? Who brought about an end to the violence? We need someone the people trust, someone they know cannot be bought or influenced." Zephyr rambled, seeming to be deep in thought.

"Sounds like quite the hero. Where would we find him?" Varys asked.

"Who said anything about 'him'?" Tyrion asked, his gaze on Zephyr.

The young Queen, Tyrion and Varys stood in the throne room of the great Pyramid, "Ao nykeōragon isse se presence hen Kinvara, eglie voktys hen mele temple hen volantis, se perzys hen truth, se ōños hen wisdom, se ēlī servant hen āeksio hen ōños." 'You stand in the presence of Kinvara, High Priestess of the Red Temple of Volantis, the Flame of Truth, the Light of Wisdom, The first servant of the Lord of Light.' said the man who introduced the three to the High Priestess.

They bowed before the man left and the High Priestess took a few steps up towards them, "Welcome naejot meereen" Tyrion welcomed the elegant woman, "That's about the extent of my Valyrian."

There was a moment of silence as the woman simply stared, so Zephyr chose to speak up. "Thank you for travelling all this way. I know from personal experience how uncomfortably the journey can be."

Another silent moment.

Zephyr sighed, "The truth is, we need your help. We had hoped that we could somehow persuade you to-"

"You don't need to persuade me." Kinvara spoke. "I ame to help. Daenerys Stormborn and Zephyr Baratheon were the ones promised. From the fire she was reborn to remake the world and from the gentle breeze that led you to help her in doing so."