Chapter Sixty-One

||The Iron Throne||

Once the explosions of the wildfire and Daenerys raining the worst of the Seven Hells on the city stopped, only ashes and ruins remained.

Tyrion's face got pale when he noticed that sure, there were a few dozen survivors, but they'd be carrying these scars and burns for the rest of their lives if their wounds don't get infected.

The moment Zephyr stepped through the gates and into the city with Aegon and Ser Davos on her sides, her heart dropped. Everything was destroyed. Everything smellt of burnt bodies, fire and ash. They were silent. No one spoke, because they feared if they did speak, they'd wake up from what seems to be a horrifying nightmare and have it be the reality.

Unfortunately for them, none of them were sleeping.

"I'll find you later." Tyrion stated as he walked off. He needed to see Daenerys, and he had to know why she did what she did. He didn't understand. The city had surrendered, they were ringing the bells. Now the city was nothing more than a ruin with blackend skeletons, some who looked like they were hugging their loved ones before they passed.

"It's not safe." Aegon told Zephyr's uncle. "Let me send some men with you."

"I'm going alone." Tyrion told him and walked off, heading towards the Red Keep.

Aegon, Zephyr and Ser Davos continued walking through the ruined city until they stumbled upon Grey Worm sentencing more Lannister Soldiers to die.

"In the name of the one true Queen, Daenerys Targaryen, I sentence you to die." Grey Worm stated as he swiftly took out his dagger, but was stopped by Aegon. "Grey Worm!"

"Grey Worm, what are you doing?" Zephyr asked, horrified of what all they've worked for has come to.

"These are free men." Grey Worm, "They haven't been defeated."

"Look around you, friend. They're on their knees what other defeat is there for them to take?" Ser Davos asked just as disturbed.

"They're breathing." Grey worm simply answered. Just as he was about to slit a soldier's throat, Aegon stopped him which resulted in the other Unsullied to aim their weapons at the trio with the northmen behind them. "Easy! Easy, easy, easy." Ser Davos panicked.

"I follow the Queen's command, not yours." Grey Worm said spitefully.

"And what is the Queen's command?" Aegon asked glaring at the man before him. 

"Kill all who follow Cersei Lannister." Grey worm stated as he shoved Aegon's hand off, "These are free men. They chose to follow Cersei Lannister."

"Cersei Lannister is dead, they have no one to follow." Zephyr told him desperately which only earned her a glare. "We should speak with the Queen." Ser Davos told them quietly. Aegon nodded in agreement before taking his beloved wife's hand gently, leading her away from the Unsullied protectively as they headed towards the Red Keep where Daenerys would most likely be sitting on her precious Iron Throne.

On their way there, they pushed through the hoard of Dothraki who were whooping and exclaiming their victory as they celebrated Daenerys finally taking the throne. Once they pushed through, they walked passt the Unsullied who were all in perfect lines.

At the top of the stairs they saw Grey Worm waiting for them. As they began to climg the stairs together, Daenerys walked out, meeting them in the middle. Drogon and Rhaegal roared before they took off once more.

Zephyr took Aegon to the side to let Daenerys give her speech to the Dothraki, "Blood of my Blood. You kept all your promises to me. You killed my enemies in their iron suits.  You tore down their stone houses. You gave me the Seven Kingdoms!"