023. picking up the pieces

imessage + instagram +  irl!

Macy had finally reached rock bottom. After everything she'd been through over the past few months, you'd think she couldn't possibly get any worse. But holy fuck, this is the worst it's been. She woke up on the floor of someone's living room not even knowing how she got there or where she was. The place reeked of alcohol and she was surrounded by people she didn't recognize   She felt like she'd been just hit by a car and she wasn't even sure how she could get home. She got up slowly, careful not to wake anyone around her. She gathered her things and walked out the front door, shutting it as quietly as she could. An intense wave of fear ran through her. She'd been on a bender for quite a while, but this was the first time she started to realize that something was wrong. She was absolutely terrified of the fact that she didn't even know where she was or how to get home. She didn't even know where her fucking phone was. She wasn't even wearing shoes. She rifled through her clutch for her phone, praying that it would be in there and thank god it was. 

She needed someone, but the only problem was that she didn't have anybody that would help her. She'd cut  all of her actual friends out of her life, her boyfriend broke up with her and on top of that it's not like any of the people she'd been partying with would care about her enough to give her a ride. But she was stranded outside this apartment with no money and no one to help her. She slid down to the ground and rested her head against the wall. As she sat there, watching the cars zoom by on the street, she just broke down in tears. What the hell was wrong with her? How did she manage to fuck up every aspect of her life? She'd become an entirely different person that she didn't even know. Who was she? That was a pointless question, because she had no idea what the goddamn answer was. 

She just sat there and sobbed, mascara running down her cheeks and lipstick smudged across her lips. She took a few deep breaths in and let out a few more sobs. She felt so embarrassed. There were people walking down the street looking at her like she was crazy. Which made sense. She looked god awful. Macy had to get out of there, she had to do something. She didn't want to do it, but she texted the only person that she knew she could count on. 

⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⇿⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘

IMessage

macy mouse

junie

i need you

junie pee wife

where are you?

macy mouse

i don't know 

i just sent you my location

junie pee wife

I'm on my way

⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⇿⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘

She thanked god that Junie was coming for her. After how terribly she'd treated her she'd just assumed she would say no. She sat there and waited for Junie to come. After around ten minutes Junie had arrived. She kept her eyes glued to her feet as she walked to the car and got in. She couldn't bear to look her in the eyes. The feeling of that alone made her feel sick. Junie had seen her through literally everything she'd ever gone through, and now she was so embarrassed she didn't even want to look her bestfriend in the eyes.