Ch. 1 The Preface

It was a beautiful, cloudy day at Central Park in New York City, New York, on Tuesday, June 27, 1989. A twenty-seven-year-old female with medium-length curly brown hair and chocolate brown eyes named Diana Richards is sitting on a bench.

Diana's gaze softened when she saw a four-year-old boy with unruly blonde hair and silver-brown heterochromia eyes named Tobias 'Toby' Richards running through the playground, chasing after children his age.

" Give me the child!" A young feminine voice shouts, grabbing Diana's attention. She looks away and spots her younger step-sister, sixteen-year-old Sarah Williams, reciting a line from a book in her grasp.

A hooting sound grabbed Diana's attention, causing the adult female to smile. She looks away and spots a familiar Barn Owl perched on the bench, looking at her with its unique colored eyes reminding her of her beloved son and her first love.

" Hello, Apollo." Diana greeted, and she gently petted Barn Owl's furry head.

" Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child you have stolen!" Sarah walked through the Park, ignoring the odd stares of people around her since she wore a flowy white dress and had a flower crown on her head.

Diana looks away from Apollo and turns her gaze to Sarah.

' Sarah, and her big imagination.' Diana internally speaks while looking at Sarah amusingly.

" My will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great!" A loud rumble cuts Sarah off. She lifted her head and noticed the sky getting darker.

Diana lifted her head and frowned when she felt a sprinkle of water touch her forehead. ' I have to cut the day short.' She internally speaks.

" I am happy to see you, Apollo. But, I must get going." Diana softly speaks to Apollo.

Apollo hooted. The Barn Owl flapped its wings and flew away, heading towards a tree, and it perched on a branch to keep a close eye on Diana.

Diana's chocolate brown eyes intently stared at Apollo's silver-brown eyes.

" Mummy!" Toby shouts, grabbing Diana's attention. " It's sprinkling!" He runs towards his mother.

Diana turns her gaze to Toby and puts a raincoat on him. " The News did say it was going to rain heavily today." She remembered.

" Ooo! Ooo! Can we watch a movie and eat yummy popcorn?" Toby asked while looking at Diana with sparkly silver-brown eyes.

" Of course!" Diana laughs. " You speak my language." She affectionately ruffled Toby's unruly blonde hair.

" Go get your Aunt." Diana motioned to Sarah, twirling, ignoring the rain since the teen female wanted to finish reciting the book.

Toby turns his gaze to Sarah. " Do I have to?" He asked with a frown. He isn't fond of his Aunt. " She doesn't like it when I interrupt her Princess time." He mumbled.

" If you get your Aunt now. When we get home, I will let you choose what movie to watch." Diana promised.

Toby beamed, looking excited. He nodded and ran towards Sarah, stopping his Aunt from twirling by stepping on her flowy, white dress.

" Ugh! You are dirtying my dress!" Sarah screeched.

" Mum said we are leaving." Toby stepped back. " And besides, it's raining, so your dress will get dirtier since the ground will get muddy." He pulled his tongue out and ran away.

Sarah annoyingly rolled her ocean-green eyes. She looks forward and spots Diana. She didn't like that her father wanted her older step-sister to babysit her while he and her stepmother went out on a date.

' I'm not a baby.' Sarah internally speaks. ' Father should at least trust me to do things on my own.' She frowned.

" Come on, Sarah!" Diana shouts. She pulls out a black umbrella from her backpack and opens it, protecting Toby and herself from the rain.

" I'm coming! I'm coming!" Sarah shouts, holding her dress up, and she begins to run towards Diana and Toby.

Apollo silently watched Diana, Toby, and Sarah leave the Park and approach a car. Its silver-brown eyes intently stared at the child, noticing the boy looking at Diana with so much love and admiration.

" Where are we going?" Sarah asked while she, Toby, and Diana got inside the car.

" Home. Toby and I will do a Movie Night since Mum and Dad aren't home." Diana speaks while putting on her seatbelt.

" Mummy! Can we watch Sleeping Beauty?" Toby asked while putting on his seatbelt.

" Sleeping Beauty is a movie for babies. We should watch Breakfast's at Tiffany's." Sarah responded.

" Sleeping Beauty isn't a movie for babies! That must mean you are a baby because you like to dress up!" Toby glares at Sarah.

" I'm not a baby!" Sarah scoffed. " What I do is act! Something my mother did when she was alive." She glares at Toby.

Diana rubbed her forehead, getting annoyed with Toby and Sarah bickering.

" Sarah! I promised Toby that he would choose tonight's movie. So, we are going to watch Sleeping Beauty." Diana looked at Toby and Sarah through the rearview mirror.

Toby brightly smiled while Sarah looked at the window angrily.

Diana turns on the engine and begins to drive, leaving Central Park and heading home to Albany, New York.

Apollo flapped its wings and flew away when it saw the car leave the Park.

Three hours later, the car safely made it to Richards-Williams' residence. Diana turns off the car and gets out of the vehicle with Toby and Sarah.

" While you two watch that movie. I will be in my room." Sarah firmly speaks while walking with Diana and Toby to the house.

" Yes, Your Highness." Toby mocked, causing Diana to snicker.

Sarah glares at Toby and then looks at Diana, causing the adult female to compose herself and scold her son.

" Toby. That's not nice. Apologize to your Aunt." Diana speaks.

Toby turned her gaze to Diana and frowned. He looks at Sarah and mumbles an apology.

' This kid is getting on my last nerve.' Sarah internally speaks.

Diana pulls out the house key and unlocks the door. She stepped to the side, watching Sarah enter the house first. She annoyingly rolled her chocolate brown eyes.

"You're welcome," Diana murmured.

" Mummy," Toby speaks while following Diana into the house.

" Yes?" Diana responded while closing the door.

" How is it that you and Auntie Sarah are sisters again?" Toby asked while tilting his head. " You two are so different." He mumbled.

" Well. Your Nana and her father fell in love and got married." Diana speaks while putting the umbrella in the wooden basket.

" Oh." Toby nodded. He remembered Sarah came into his life when he was a baby.

" How about you set up the movie for me while I make us some yummy popcorn and hot dogs for us to eat?" Diana asked.

" Okay!" Toby brightly smiles and runs towards the living room to search for the Sleeping Beauty movie.