Ch. 8 What is your full name?

Jareth and Toby exited the bedroom and walked down the hallway of the East Wing. The Goblin King glanced at the shorter male and noticed the boy's hair was blonde and unruly.

" How old are you?" He asked, causing Toby's silver-brown eyes to blink.

" I'm four!" Toby responded, showing Jareth four fingers.

" Four," Jareth whispered while staring at Toby intently.

" When did you turn four?" He asked.

" On January 14! Mummy said I was born on January 14, 1985," Toby smiled.

Jareth looked at Toby with mixed emotions.

' I remember that female mortals carry their infants for nine months. Since Toby was born on January 14, 1985, he was conceived on April 23, 1984. Wait a minute...' He stops walking.

His eyebrows rose, and his eyes widened.

Toby continued walking, unaware that Jareth stopped walking.

Jareth unknowingly stood beside the closed door that was a nursery room.

' Diana and I graduated from the University in May 1984. The same day, I learned of my Father's Death. That means she was a month pregnant!' He internally shouted.

" Why didn't she tell me!" He shouted, causing Toby to stop walking, and he turned to look at the Goblin King.

Toby's silver-brown eyes intently stared at Jareth's silver-brown eyes.

' His hair. His eyes. His ears. That's all me. But that smile. That gaze. It's all hers,' Jareth internally says.

" Did I say something bad?" Toby asked, looking scared.

Jareth walks up to Toby and kneels before him. His bare right hand delicately touched the boy's fair yet bruised cheek.

" No." Tears welled up in Jareth's silver-brown eyes. He couldn't believe he was staring into his son's eyes, his Heir, that he created with his First Love.

" Tell me. What is your full name?" Jareth asked.

Toby's eyes blinked, tilting his head adorably.

" My full name is Tobias Jared Richards. But Mummy and everyone around me calls me Toby," He responded.

Jareth held his breath when he heard Toby say his full name. He was shocked to hear that Diana would give his human name as a second name to their son.

' She still honored me by giving him my human name,' He says internally.

" Are we going to eat because I'm hungry?" Toby asked.

Jareth's gaze softened, and he chuckled, finding his son adorable. He stands and holds his bare hand out to him.

" Yes. I shall take you to the dining room," Jareth smiled.

Toby smiled, excited to try out the food that the Goblin King eats in the Labyrinth. He grabs Jareth's hand and leaves the East Wing with him.

Jareth guides his son to the dining room, ignoring the smaller Goblins who are looking at them curiously.

" You can sit here." He grabs his son and carefully sits him on the chair on the left side of the dining table. " Your Mother will be sitting there." He points to the chair on the right side of the table.

Toby nodded, watching Jareth sit at the head of the dining table. He watched the Goblin King clap his hands, and his eyebrow rose, and his eyes widened when he saw food appear before them.

" Woah! That's so cool! How did you do that?" He asked.

" Elven Magic," Jareth winks.

" I can teach you the basics. Of course, with your Mother's approval," He murmured.

Toby's eyes blinked, looking confused.

" I can do Elven Magic? But, I'm human," He recalled.

Jareth looked at his son and wondered if he should tell him his true heritage or wait for Diana to get better so they could talk to him about it.

" Try this! It was a favorite dish of mine when I was your age. It's called Bangers and Mash," He points to the dish in front of his son.

Toby looked at the dish before him and saw mashed potatoes with gravy, green peas, and sausages on top. He grabs a fork and takes a bite of the food. His eyes sparkled, and he smiled.

" It's so yummy! I remember Mummy made something similar. But, the sausages here differ from the ones Mummy put in the food. I think she used Spam," He recalled.

Jareth looked at his son with mixed emotions when he heard that Diana had introduced their child to British cuisines.

" Eat to your heart's content," He smiled.

Toby looked at Jareth in disbelief and smiled when he saw the Goblin King nod, causing him to eat since he was hungry.

In Jareth's bedroom, where Diana was resting, Lady Eleanor used Elven Magic to have a glass of water and a bowl of fruit appear so the young woman could have something in her stomach when she woke up from her slumber.

" Heh. Who would have thought that this Sleeping Beauty has given our King a Heir," Hoggle remarked.

Lady Eleanor smiled.

" At least we know Labyrinth will be safe from that Tyrant," Hoggle sneered, thinking about Jareth's Paternal Uncle, King Dimitri of the Elven Kingdom.

Lady Eleanor looks at Diana worryingly.

She knows that if King Dimitri knows of Diana and Toby's existence, he will try to use them as leeway against his nephew, Jareth, thinking he is unfit to rule his Mother's Kingdom, the Goblin Kingdom, due to Diana being Human and Toby being half Human.

" He will ensure that harm will come to them. That is why we must protect them if he discovers their existence," Lady Eleanor looks at Hoggle.

Hoggle intently stared at Lady Eleanor.

" His Highness, Jareth, will ensure that his Uncle gets killed if he dares to touch a single hair on his Mate and Heir's heads," He firmly says.

Lady Eleanor knew that Hoggle meant those words because Jareth would do whatever it took to ensure that his Mate and Child were unharmed, even if it meant killing his only blood relative of his Father.