Ch. 2 Can we have a movie marathon?

Diana fondly watched Toby look through the various movie from underneath the TV. She looked away and walked towards the Kitchen to make popcorn and hot dogs for them to eat. It's Summer Vacation, and Toby won't start Kinder till the Fall of the following year. So, the young adult wanted to spoil her beloved son before he grew up and started school.

" Do you want ketchup, mayo, and mustard on your hot dog?" Diana asked while grabbing all the necessary ingredients to make a hot dog.

" Yes! And I want some green relish too!" Toby responded. " And I found the movie, Mummy!" He stands up and holds the Sleeping Beauty Video case in his grasp.

Diana turned her gaze to Toby and nodded. " That's great! Now put the movie on the VCR. The hot dogs won't take long to make." She speaks while pouring some sausages into a hot boiled water pan.

" Yay!" Toby cheered, looking excited to eat popcorn and hot dogs for Lunch.

" Can we have a movie marathon instead of watching one single movie?" Toby asked while putting Sleeping Beauty on the VCR.

" Of course!" Diana nodded while watching the sausages getting made at the right temperature.

A ringing sound grabs Toby's attention, and he turns his gaze, seeing the house phone ringing. " Mummy! The house phone is ringing!" He shouts.

" Take the call and ask who is it?" Diana asked while carefully grabbing the sausages from the hot boiling water pan with a spatula and putting them on a plate to cool down.

Toby runs towards the house phone and grabs it. " This is Richards-Williams home. May I know who is speaking?" He asked.

" Hey, Toby! It's Grandpa Robert and Nana Irene." A masculine voice speaks through the phone.

" Hi, Grandpa! Nana!" Toby shouts, looking happy to hear from his Grandparents.

Diana set the plate down since the sausages were hot and ready. She turns around, walks out of the Kitchen, and enters the living room.

" Hey, Toby. Let Mummy speak with Grandpa and Nana." Diana stands behind Toby. " Want to help Mummy put the popcorn in the microwave?" She asked.

" Yeah!" Toby hands the house phone to Diana and runs towards the Kitchen to grab a bag of popcorn.

Toby reads the instruction and puts the popcorn bag inside the microwave. He closed it and put the correct time so that it could heat up.

" Hey, Mum. Dad. How's Niagara Falls?" Diana asked since the drive to Niagara Falls from Albany is five hours.

" Very beautiful!" Irene shouts from the background.

It's been four years since Irene and Richard fell in love and married, making Diana step-sisters with Sarah. She was eight months pregnant when she moved in with Irene at Richard and Sarah's home. They never had a honeymoon because Irene wanted to be there for Diana after she gave birth to Toby. Feeling grateful, Diana recently surprised her parents with tickets to a Niagara Falls ferry after working hard as an elementary school teacher.

" Thanks again for getting us tickets to watch Niagara Falls from a ferry!" Richard shouted since the waterfalls were loud from where he stood in the boat.

" I know it isn't much. But, I wanted to give you and Mum the Honeymoon you two deserve since the both of you took care of me after I gave birth to Toby." Diana speaks.

" You didn't have to buy us tickets and reserve a room at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel for us. But, we appreciate it." Richard spoke, sounding grateful.

" I love you and Mum so much. So, you two deserve to relax and have fun after watching over both Toby and Sarah when I was at work." Diana warmly smiled.

" And how is Sarah doing? I hope she isn't causing you and Toby trouble." Richard asked, sounding worried.

Diana glanced at the stairs, remembering Sarah stomping up the stairs to her bedroom and slamming the door. She hummed when she heard loud music coming from the room. She didn't want to worry Richard, so she told him a white lie.

" Sarah is okay. She's in her bedroom. She was tired from our trip to Central Park. So, she is relaxing in her room while Toby and I are going to have a Movie Night." Diana responded.

Diana's chocolate brown eyes blinked when she heard the rain getting heavy and the thunder making the lights flicker. " I'll call you guys later. Have fun! Tell Mum that I love her." She glanced at Toby, hearing the microwave ring.

" The popcorn is done!" Toby shouts.

" Love you! Your Mum says to give Toby kisses for her." Robert speaks.

" Will do!" Diana nodded and hung up the call, putting the House phone away.

" Let me take it out since it must be hot." Diana turns around and walks towards the Kitchen. She stands in front of the microwave and opens it, pulling out the popcorn bag quickly.

" Hot! Hot! Hot!" Diana runs towards the counter, grabs a bowl, and pours the popcorn into it.

" Mummy! Are you okay?" Tobias asked while running towards Diana.

" I'm fine," Diana reassured. She grabs three plates and sets up the hot dogs for Tobias, Sarah, and herself.

Toby runs towards the fridge and pulls out a big bottle of Coca-cola. " Can I have some soda?" He asked while looking at Diana with puppy-dog eyes.

Diana laughed. " Only a little." She grabs three cups, takes the soda from Toby's grasp, and pours some of the soda into the cups.

Diana puts the soda away and puts some popcorn on the three plates.

Even though she and Sarah don't look each other in the eyes, Diana isn't a monster. She wants to have at least her step-sister get something to eat before the young teen goes to bed for the night.

" Mummy! The previews have started." Toby grabs his cup and plate and carefully walks towards the living room. He sets his food and drink on the coffee table.

" I'll be back." Diana grabs Sarah's cup and plate. " Can you take my cup and plate to the living room?" She asked while walking toward the stairs.

" Okay!" Toby nodded and ran back to the Kitchen to get Diana's cup and plate.

" Thank you!" Diana shouts while walking up the stairs to Sarah's bedroom. She knocks on the door and hears her step-sister yell.

" Who is it?" Sarah asked.

" It's Diana. I have your Lunch." Diana opens the door and pokes her head into the bedroom. Her chocolate brown eyes blinked when she saw Sarah sitting in front of her vanity station.

" Thank you. You can put it there." Sarah points to her desk, where she does her homework during the school season.

" Yes, Your Highness," Diana murmured. She enters the bedroom and puts the glass and plate on Sarah's desk. " I'll be downstairs with Toby if you need anything." She glanced at her step-sister.

Sarah looked at herself in the mirror, ignoring Diana.

" Okay, then. I'm heading out." Diana turns around and walks out of the bedroom, closing the door behind her.

" Mummy! Are we going to have our movie marathon?" Toby asked while standing by the bottom of the stairs.

" Yes! Press play!" Diana runs down the stairs, watching Toby run towards the coffee table and grab the VCR remote, and press play.

Diana sits on the couch and grabs Toby, and the two cuddle as they begin to watch Sleeping Beauty.