Ch. 9 A BitterSweet Reunion

" Mummy!" Diana heard her son, Toby, screaming. She heard footsteps running and turned to see her son crying with a bruise forming on his fair cheek.

She saw the lights flickered and the thunder roaring, but her eyes were on her son.

" Toby? What's wrong?" She asked when she saw tears falling from her son's silver-brown eyes.

" Auntie Sarah slapped me!" Toby cries.

In Sarah's bedroom, Diana and Sarah were staring intently at one another while Toby was clinging to his Mother.

" Why did you slap Toby?" Diana asked.

" He ripped a page from my book!" Sarah responded, glaring at Toby, who flinched and hid behind his Mother.

" It must have been an accident. You didn't have to slap a minor," Diana firmly says.

" You need to ground him so that he'll learn not to go to anyone's room," Sarah sneered.

" Toby's only four. He even apologized. He won't go to your room. I promise," Diana reassured.

" You know what! You two get out of my room!" Sarah shouted, looking annoyed.

" I don't like that attitude of yours, Young Lady! I am the adult in this house. You must treat me with respect." Diana sternly stares at Sarah.

" You aren't my mother!" Sarah glares.

" I didn't say I was your mother." Diana shakes her head.

" Ugh! I wish my nephew were out of my life!" Sarah shouted.

Diana stared at Sarah with mixed emotions.

In the living room, Diana looked at the cupboard underneath the stairs while her son stood not far from her, looking scared.

" Mummy! Monster!" Toby cries out.

Diana turns and looks horrified when she sees a massive creature holding her son over its shoulder like a sack of potatoes, taking him away.

" Toby! Toby! Tobbbbyyyy!" Diana screamed, chasing after them, but she felt the world around her was slowing down.

" Mummy! Please don't let the monster take me away! I promise to be a good boy! I promise!" Toby cries.

" Toby!" Diana cries out, feeling helpless as the two disappear.

" Toby!" Diana woke up from her slumber. Her eyebrows rose, and her eyes widened, sitting up. Her voice cracked, and she started to have a coughing fit.

" Here. Drink this," Lady Eleanor hands Diana a glass of water.

" Thank you," Diana stuttered. She grabs the glass of water and takes a sip. Her eyes blinked when she realized she was in a different room.

Lady Eleanor looked at Diana worryingly while Hoggle stared at her curiously.

Diana stared at the two with mixed emotions, and she screamed. She gets out of bed, but her whole body gives out, causing her to fall.

" Lady Diana!" Hoggle shouted, watching Diana fall, and he looked at her worryingly.

Lady Eleanor figured Diana would react this way since she isn't from their world.

" Toby. Where am I? Where is my Son? Who are you guys?" Diana muttered, staring at the floor with mixed emotions.

Hoggle and Lady Eleanor approached Diana. Hoggle held his hand out to Diana, who stared at it warily.