Ch. 5 Who wished you away?

" Let go of me! I want my Mummy!" Toby cries while punching Ludo's back.

Ludo purred, thinking that Toby was massaging his back. He opens the door and steps out, putting the young boy to his feet once they arrive at the Labyrinth.

Toby's watery silver-brown eyes blinked when he saw that he was in an unfamiliar room. " Where am I? Where's my Mummy?" He asked, looking upset.

Ludo tilted his head since he didn't know what to say to Toby.

" I want my Mummy!" Toby screamed, causing the glass surrounding the room to shatter.

" What was that?" One Goblin asked, looking startled.

" Did someone upset the King?" A second Goblin asked, looking confused.

" No! It's that child." The third Goblin stared at Toby, looking at the boy curiously.

" Such power?" The first Goblin stared at the second Goblin.

" Wizard? Fae?" The second Goblin rubbed their chin.

A barking sound grabs everyone's attention, causing Toby to see a sheepdog running toward him.

" Ambrosius! Come back here!" Sir Didymus shouts, looking horrified when he sees the sheepdog running toward Toby and licking the boy's face. " Don't eat him! The King will have our heads!" He panicked.

Toby fell to the ground and laughed when he felt Ambrosius licking his face. " I have always wanted a puppy!" His meltdown calmed down, thanks to the sheepdog.

" Oh, dear! Oh, dear! Please forgive me! He is usually shy. I do not know why he did that." Sir Didymus approached Toby and Ambrosius, with Ludo looking at them curiously.

" Is he yours?" Toby asked, unaware that Sir Didymus was speaking in a foreign language.

" Yes! He is my noble steed named Ambrosius." Sir Didymus proudly introduced Ambrosius to Toby.

" Am-bro-ius?" Toby tried to say Ambrosius' name causing the sheepdog to bark.

" Where are we?" Toby asked, looking at his surroundings with a curious and wary gaze.

" We are at the Labyrinth in the Goblin Kingdom. My name is Sir Didymus, the royal advisor to the Goblin King, His Highness, The Almighty Jareth!" Sir Didymus proudly introduced himself.

" Laby-rin?" Toby's silver-brown eyes blinked, remembering seeing the name on Sarah's book.

Toby looks at his surroundings and notices that the Castle seems dark and dreary, unlike how Sarah describes it when she reads the book.

' This place doesn't seem sparkly and pretty.' Toby internally speaks.

Toby's silver-brown eyes blinked when he heard something nearby get opened. He turned to the sound, and his eyes widened when he saw a group of smaller Goblins dragging a cocoon-style Diana into the throne room.

" Mummy!" Toby shouts, looking angry at the way the smaller Goblins treated Diana. " Let her go!" He runs towards and pushes them away from his mother.

Ludo approached the group and stood behind Toby, looking at the smaller Goblins threateningly when he saw some looking at the boy with an angry stare.

Ambrosius approached the group and stood beside Toby, growling and barking at the smaller Goblins. Sir Didymus looked at the sheepdog with a surprised gaze since his noble steed is usually shy and not intimidating.

Toby puts his hand on the rope-like cocoon, but one of the smaller Goblins slaps his hands away, causing Ludo to throw that Goblin to the side as though it was a rag doll, making everyone in the Throne room start to fight.

" Oh, dear! Oh, dear!" Sir Didymus panicked while running to the left and right since he didn't know what to do. " The King will have our heads for sure!" He frowned, looking scared.

Unaware of what was happening because of the commotion, footsteps approached the Throne room. The doors to the Throne room got opened, revealing Jareth and Hoggle.

Jareth's silver-brown eyes blinked when he spotted Toby on the floor with a hand-shaped bruised on his fair cheek, thinking that one of his people had inflicted pain on an innocent child. His eyes narrowed, looking furious at his subordinates.

" STOP THIS NOW!" Jareth shouts, grabbing everyone's attention.

Sir Didymus froze when he heard Jareth's voice. He slowly turns around and gulps when he sees the Goblin King looking furious.

" Oh, Dear." Sir Didymus mumbled. He faints and falls, causing Toby to look at him in worry.

Toby looked at Jareth with a wary gaze, realizing that he must be the Almighty Goblin King that Sir Didymus mentioned earlier.

Jareth's silver-brown eyes narrowed, looking at everyone angrily. His eyes stopped at Toby, noticing a beautiful glittery shade of silver and deep chocolate brown eyes staring at him.

Hoggle's blue eyes blinked, looking at Toby and Jareth with a curious gaze. He has raised the Goblin King since infancy, so seeing the boy startled him slightly since his appearance reminded him of his King.

' That child is the one that clings to Diana.' Jareth internally speaks while eyeing Toby. ' I know, Diana. She adores children. Her dream is to have a big loving family. She would never wish one away.' He frowned, feeling confused.

" Who struck the child?" Jareth asked when he saw the bruised on Toby's fair cheek.

No one responded, scared for their life. Toby looked at everyone and then at the cocoon-like Diana on the floor. He looked at Jareth and stood up, walking towards him, thinking that the Goblin King could help him save his mother from her entrapment.

Jareth's silver-brown eyes blinked when he saw Toby approach him. He eyed the boy and wondered if Diana was angry at him for leaving her all those years ago, causing her to fall in love with someone else instead and mothered a child with said person.

' This boy could have been mine if I didn't leave Diana all those years ago.' Jareth internally speaks.

" Who wished you away?" Jareth asked.

Toby frowned. He figured it was Sarah that wished him away because she was angry at him for accidentally ripping a page of her book.

" My Auntie Sarah," Toby whispered. " Sir! Please don't eat me! I didn't mean to rip a page of her book!" His silver-brown eyes begin to tear up.

" And because of me, Mummy is here too." Toby begins to cry while turning his gaze to the cocoon-like Diana.

" Mummy," Jareth whispered. His silver-brown eyes glanced at the cocoon-like Diana. " Diana." He mouths out and begins to panic when the realization hits him.

" Diana!" Jareth shouts, snapping his gloved fingers, causing the rope-like cocoon to disappear, revealing an unconscious Diana. He remembered that Diana had a fear of tight places.

Jareth runs towards Diana, not caring that his subordinates and Toby look at him with a confused gaze. He took off his gloves and threw them to the side, causing Hoggle to look intrigued since the Goblin King never takes his gloves off for anyone.

Jareth held Diana in his embrace, and one of his firm hands gently caressed her fair cheek. He puts two fingers on her neck, not feeling a pulse, which scares him.

" Get me a healer!" Jareth ordered, swiftly carrying Diana in his embrace and holding her securely. " And take them to my chambers!" He snapped while running from the Throne room to his bedroom.

Toby stood there, looking scared and worried for Diana. Hoggle noticed, causing him to look at the others. " You heard the King! Get him a healer!" He snapped, startling the smaller Goblins, and they ran off to find a healer.

" Ludo! Ambrosius! Stay here with Sir Didymus." Hoggle glanced at his fainted companion. He looked at Toby and approached the boy. " Follow me." He motioned the child to follow him to Jareth's chambers.

Toby nodded. He walks out of the Throne room with Hoggle and follows him to Jareth's chambers.