Ch. 10 Let's make a deal

Diana's eyes welled up with tears, her heart aching as she looked at Jareth in his true form. Her grip on Toby tightened, her gaze shifting between Jareth and Toby, her emotions swirling between love, fear, and uncertainty.

" Why, Diana, did you keep this from me?" Jareth's voice was filled with hurt and longing, his eyes searching for the truth behind Diana's silence about her pregnancy.

Toby looked at Diana and Jareth curiously.

" I wanted to tell you. But, that day, you found out your father was dead," Diana closed her eyes, hiding her face against Toby's blonde hair.

Jareth bit his inner cheek.

" You needed to return home, and I didn't want to hold you back if I told you I was expecting," Diana explained, lifting her head and looking at Jareth.

Jareth removes his gloved hands, sets them on the table, and gently places his bare hands on Diana's face.

Diana's eyes intently stared at Jareth's.

" My father would have understood," Jareth says. " But I also couldn't risk that man, my uncle, taking what belonged to my family." His bare thumbs gently brushed Diana's cheeks.

" Also, why didn't you tell me you were a Goblin King? And your Kingdom was the Labyrinth," Diana says.

" I was afraid you would be scared of me," Jareth confessed, his hands still on Diana's face, afraid she would disappear.

Diana lightly bites her lips.

" He's so beautiful," Jareth turns his gaze to Toby.

Diana looks at Toby.

" Mummy?" Toby looked at Diana. " Please, don't cry," Tears welled up in his eyes.

" I'll be fine, Sweetheart," Diana reassures.

" Toby, here, told me that his Auntie Sarah wished him away," Jareth firmly says.

Diana sadly sighed, holding Toby close.

" Out of anger and annoyance, my step-sister wished him away. You know me; I wouldn't let anyone or anything take my baby away," She firmly says. " I don't care if they are your men or not. I fought, and they decided to take me too." She glanced at Ludo and some nearby Goblins.

" Sarah has never liked Toby and I, saying that our presence ruined her family." She lovingly kissed Toby's head to comfort him. " I mean, she even slapped him for accidentally ripping a page from a book he found in her room," She looked at Jareth.

Jareth's gaze darkened.

' Even though I am glad Diana and our son are here, that little girl will regret touching him,' He says internally.

A growl grabbed everyone's attention, and Diana blushed, getting flustered since she was starving.

" You, My Lady, must eat," Jareth grabs Toby from Diana's embrace, ushers her to the table, and helps her sit down.

Diana sits at the head of the table. She saw Jareth gently place Toby to the right of her. She then saw him snap his fingers as a feast appeared before her.

" Eat as much as you can. I shall return, and we can continue talking about Toby," Jareth looks at Diana.

Diana looked at the food longingly and nodded. She heard footsteps walking away and lifted her head, seeing Jareth walking out of the dining room.

" Where is he going?" She whispered.

" Mummy. Can I have that?" Toby points to a bowl of fruit.

Diana nodded, watching Toby grab an apple and bite it. Seeing her son eat made her eat, too.