Ch. 3 Laby-rin

An hour and fifteen minutes later, the Sleeping Beauty movie has ended. Diana and Toby ate their lunch and felt stuffed. Diana's chocolate brown eyes blinked when she felt movement. She turns her gaze and sees Toby hopping off the couch and stretching.

" Mummy! I'm going to the bathroom." Toby turns to look at Diana.

" Do you want me to help you?" Diana asked.

Toby shakes his head. " No! I am a big boy. I can go to the bathroom by myself." He reassured.

" Okay. What movie do you want to see next?" Diana asked.

Toby turns his gaze to the movies underneath the TV. " I want to see Alice in Wonderland!" His silver-brown eyes sparkle, and he brightly smiles when he spots the movie he wants to see.

" Okay. I'll set it up. Go use the restroom." Diana gets off the couch and stretches.

Toby turns around and runs towards the stairs. He glanced at Diana and saw his mother grab the Alice in Wonderland movie and put it on the VCR.

Toby looks away and runs up the stairs to the bathroom. His silver-brown eyes blinked when he saw the bathroom door closed. He approached the bathroom and grabbed the door knob to open it, but he frowned when he saw that the bathroom was locked.

" Auntie Sarah?" Toby calls out while trying to open the bathroom, but the door doesn't budge.

Sarah didn't respond since she was busy taking a shower. She planned to sleep for the night.

Toby begins to knock on the door. " Auntie Sarah!" He shouts, getting annoyed since he wants to use the bathroom.

" I'm busy!" Sarah shouts.

" I need to use the toilet! Why do you always lock the bathroom?" Toby asked.

" So I can have privacy from noisy brats like you." Sarah merely responded.

" I'm not a noisy brat!" Toby shouts. " Open the door, or I'll tell Mummy!" He threatened.

Sarah didn't respond since she decided to ignore Toby.

Toby glared at the door and looked at his surroundings. His silver-brown eyes gleamed with mischief when he saw that Sarah had left her bedroom door open.

Toby walked towards Sarah's bedroom and stepped inside. He looked at his surroundings and spotted a familiar book on the bed.

Toby walks towards the bed and grabs the book, reading the title. " Laby-rin." He tilted his head

Toby opens the book and notices a message on the left side of the book

Toby opens the book and notices a message on the left side of the book. His silver-brown eyes blinked, silently reading the message.

" To my beautiful, sweet daughter that I love so much. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did when I read it to you at the hospital. If you ever feel sad and lonely, hold this book to your heart and know I will always be there for you.