one // intro

I haven't seen Bubba in months. God, I miss him so much.

You see, Bubba's a driver in NASCAR. He drives the number 6 Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing. He's been in the sport for a few years, starting out with Joe Gibbs Racing as a development driver. He did well with them, and was lucky enough to get signed on with Roush, where he now competes full time in the Xfinity Series. 

I hardly ever get to see him though. The only time I really get to, is if he has a week off, I go to a race, or it's the off season. I usually can't get the time off for work, so I'm rarely ever at the track. Daytona and Homestead are the only ones I really go to.

But, I get to see him this weekend. He called me last week and asked if I would come watch him race at Kansas this weekend, so that's where I'm headed right now.
A lot has happened since we've last seen each other. I've changed so much, and I'm scared to see how he'll react when I tell him.

~~~

My plane finally landed after only a few short hours, but it felt like a century. First off, I'm scared of heights, and of course my seat was the one right next to the window. Second, I hate being in tight spaces surrounded by strange people that I don't know.

I texted Bubba to let him know that my plane had just landed, and he replied immediately after, saying he was waiting for me at my gate.

Naturally it took forever for them to let us off the plane, and it was awful just sitting there and waiting. But when they said we could exit, you best believe that I hauled ass off that damn thing, and I didn't care how ridiculous I looked in doing so.

Looking around, I finally spotted Bubba standing a short distance from where I was standing. I don't think he saw me, so I ran up and jumped on him, holding on for dear life.

"Oh my god, Allie. I've missed you so much," he muttered into my hair.

"I missed you too, Bub. You have no idea." I felt tears begin welling into my eyes, blurring my vision but I blinked the, back. I was not about to break down into tears in the middle of an airport.

Talk about cliché.

It feels so nice being back with my best friend.

---

hey hey hey. so, i've finally started the editing process.

instead of just editing the chapters, i decided to rewrite them completely to try and make it fit with the style of writing i'm currently doing.

and it was garbage before the editing, let's face it.

vote and comment of course

allie