ten // bullshit

"He can't fucking do this to me, Bubba!" I cried out once we got back to the track. We were sitting outside his motor home so we wouldn't wake Carter up.

"I'll talk to him, Allie. I'll see if I can get him to change his mind," he replied.

"He can't just try to take my son from me! He doesn't even know how to take care of him! What, just because he's more financially stable than me, he thinks that makes him more fit to raise Carter? What the fuck am I going to do?" I felt the tears rushing to my eyes, threatening to spill over.

"He can't just take him. He's going to try to take you to court over it, and try to gain full custody. I won't let him just take him from you. You're a good mom, and you're doing an amazing job raising him on your own. They'll take that into consideration if this does go to court. Just wait to see if you get papers from his lawyers. Until then, just breathe."

Realizing Bubba was right, I calmed down a little. Not enough to where I wasn't thinking about it, but enough so I was no longer hysterical. 

"I think I'm just going to go to bed. It's been a long day and I'm exhausted. Thank you for dinner. I'll see you in the morning," I replied, standing up and walking back inside. 

~~

"Allie?! Allie wake up!" Bubba whisper-yelled.

"What's going on? What time is it?"

"It's almost 3. You were screaming and trashing around. I heard you out in the other room and I was scared. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I guess it was just a bad dream," I replied. 

"Okay. Well try to go back to sleep. We have another long day tomorrow." Bubba got up and started walking out, but I stopped him.

"Will you stay? Please? I don't really want to be alone."

"Yeah, Al. I'll stay." He turned around and climbed into bed next to me. We just laid there for a few minutes, but there seemed to be some kind of awkwardness between us.

"Don't be afraid. It's not like anything's going to happen," I said, rolling over to face him. He pulled me in close, resting his head on top of mine.

Had I known those words were a lie, well, I wouldn't have said them.

~~

I woke up to a banging on the door. Scrambling out of bed, I glanced to my side to see Bubba still laying there, sound asleep and remembered the events that took place in the early hours of the morning. I threw some clothes on and ran to answer the door before the knocking woke Carter up.

"Allison Campbell?" a strange man asked as I opened the door.

"Yes. Can I ask what this is about?" I replied, covering myself up a little with my sweatshirt. He didn't say anything. He just handed me a manila envelope and walked away. I closed the door and walked over to the couch. 

Sitting down, I opened the envelope and looked at what was inside.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me. This is fucking bullshit!"

---

hi i updated again

not much to say today

vote & comment guys

love you

allie