seven // plans

It's been a couple of weeks since the race, and life has been pretty calm. I've talked to Bubba almost every day. He brings up Ryan just about every time I talk to him. I wish he wouldn't, but I'm not going to tell him that.

Ryan's tried getting in contact with me too, but most of his attempts have failed. He tried getting my number from both Bubba and Chase, but neither would comply with his request, thankfully.

Yes, I've kept in contact with Chase too. We FaceTime a few nights a week, and we're continuously growing closer. Strangely enough, I don't mind. Ever since Ryan, it's been hard to get close to people, but for some reason, it's easy with Chase.

The only thing is that he still doesn't know about Carter. Keeping him a secret is killing me, but I don't want to scare Chase away by telling him I have a three year old.

"Mommy!" Carter yelled, running down the hallway towards me.

"What's up, baby?" I ask, picking him up. Immediately, my thoughts turn to Ryan as I look into my sons eyes. Honestly, it breaks my heart knowing I'm keeping him from his father, but I know deep down that it's the right choice.

"Where's Uncle Bubba?"

"Sweetie, he's at work, remember?"

"Just like Daddy?" At that moment in time, I felt my heart break a little.

"Yeah baby. Just like Daddy."

~~~

I called Bubba later that night to talk to him. I really just don't know what to do.

"He keeps asking about Ryan, and I don't know what to do."

"You know damn well what I'm going to tell you, Al. The kid at least should know who his dad is. After that, you don't have to have him see Ryan. And you know that Ryan deserves at least that much. At least introduce him to his son."

"But.."

"No buts, Allie. I'm right and you know it. This weekend when we go to Michigan, I want you and Carter there. Ryan's going to meet his son, and I'll be there with you every second."

"Chase doesn't know about Carter though..."

"You haven't told him yet?"

"Not yet, no. I've been meaning to, but I'm afraid."

"He won't be mad, Allie. He'll understand. Maybe he can meet him too. We'll talk about it later. Just start packing. Your flight leaves tomorrow."

---

heyo

short chapter sorry

my music kept distracting me while trying to write this so blame the heavy metal i'm blasting not me if it sucks okay thx

vote and comment if you enjoyed plz

love you

allie