Chapter 4: Mother's grave and a talk with the assassin

Cale looked around at all of the dishes in front of him. He then moved his fork towards a salad made of fruits that he did not recognize. After filling his stomach with meat, soup, and bread, he wanted to try something new.

The fruit looked like an orange, but the color was closer to that of grapes. Cale put the fruit in his mouth and took a bite.

"Mm."

In that instant, sweet fruit juice filled his mouth. He really hated sour fruits, so this extremely sweet flavor in his mouth made him subconsciously start to drool.

At that moment, he made eye contact with his father Deruth, who was looking at him.

"Cale."

Deruth quietly called Cale's name before hesitating. He then started to frown and move his mouth. Cale did not like that awkward atmosphere and started to speak.

"It's delicious."

"Yes, it tastes like trash...huh? Did you say it is delicious?"

"Yes. Everything tastes wonderful."

Cale picked up a different fruit this time and smiled after tasting the sweetness in his mouth once again. The trash, Cale Henituse, never cared for etiquette anyways.

He probably shouldn't do this while speaking with his father, the head of the household, but whatever. He's just trash in the first place.

'It really is best to be the trash.'

Nobody really cared no matter what he did. As long as he can prevent himself from getting beaten up by the main character, it will be a good life.

As Cale expected, nobody criticized his lack of manners. In fact, Deruth actually had a smile on his face as he started to nod his head.

"Yes, it really is delicious. It is nice to see you enjoying food so much."

Deruth really seemed like the only person who cared for Cale. He didn't even seem to care about Cale's lack of manners. Well, a truly caring father should probably try to fix this personality of Cale... but this Cale did not care as he was not the real Cale Henituse.

"Yes. Please make sure you eat a lot as well, father."

Basen let out another, 'Ho,' and Cale, who heard it this time, turned his gaze back to the dishes. The 15 year old Basen. The three years younger brother of the Cale that he possessed was difficult to handle.

Unlike the trash Cale, Basen was smart, sincere, and very responsible. The people of the family were pushing for Basen to be the next head of household. Kim Rok Soo agreed with this sentiment even after turning into Cale.

'It really was delicious.'

If breakfast was like this every day, Cale would probably give up some sleep to come eat breakfast all the time. Deruth looked around at the family members who got up after he did, before resting his gaze on his first-born son, Cale.

"Cale, is there anything you need?"

Cale was confused at Deruth's sudden gesture, but he decided to honestly answer.

"Yes I do need two things"

Cale remembered what the GoD said

' when you get the chance ask your new father for what your mother left for you and go to her grave'

"I need you to give me what my mother left for me."

silence , nobody dared to say a word as the silence enveloped the room.

"I guess she guessed that this will happen"

Deruth let out a sigh before speaking.

"Your mother, Drew, was a mysterious person, but what I do know is that she loved you very much. There's probably still nobody in this world who love you as much as she loved you"