Chapter 23: The capital

Clunk.

The carriage started to move.

Meeeow.

On and Hong glanced over at Cage and Taylor, who were sitting across from them, and stuck closely to Cale.

"Young master Cale, do you know anything about this royal event?"

Cale looked toward Taylor. Taylor was fine compared to the priestess, who was struggling with her hangover. In fact, he was even better off than Cale. This weak-looking noble had the strongest alcohol tolerance out of the three of them.

Cale started to respond to Taylor, who was looking at him.

"This is my first time going to the palace. I have only been to a Northeastern Nobles Meeting a few years ago."

Taylor did not bring this up just to start a conversation. It was because he wanted to share a piece of information with Cale for his generosity.

"I see. The event this time is to celebrate the 50th birthday of his royal highness, our current King.

It is an entertaining festival for the citizens."

Seeing Cale speak as if it did not include himself, Taylor started to get curious.

"Sounds like it is not a festival for young master Cale?"

'How can it be a festival I'd enjoy when my heart is going crazy thinking about the terror incident?'

Cale did not say that out loud. He was probably the only person who knew about the secret organization and the upcoming terror incident.

Knowing about such a fact was bound to bring a heavy sense of responsibility and headache. Of course, there was a relationship between that sense of responsibility and the headache.

'I will prevent it, but I will step aside if it seems like I will get hurt or tired.'

That was Cale's point of view on the terror incident. Do just enough so that I will not be inconvenienced. However, someone like Cale, no, Kim Rok Soo, who had a fear of death, could not just pretend that he did not know anything.

"It's not a festival for you either, young master Taylor."

Taylor, as well as Cage, who had been frowning because of her hangover, started to smile after hearing Cale's words.

"I am considering it to be my last obstacle before I can celebrate."

Cale smirked 'last obstacle for you and a new obstacle for that son of a bitch.'

Compared to his gentle appearance, Taylor was a risk-taker. That was how he was able to be in front of Venion, even with his ethical personality, before he was attacked.

"Young master Cale."

"Yes?"

"Be careful of his highness, the crown prince."

Taylor gazed toward Cale and continued to speak.

"Although I may have been pushed aside, I still have ways of getting information in the Marquis's Estate. Although this 50-year birthday celebration for the king was planned from the beginning, the act of calling all of the nobles together was something that the crown prince suggested."

Taylor knew some information about the crown prince.

"I'm not sure how I should describe the crown prince to you..."

Seeing Taylor struggling, Cale casually answered.

"He is someone with a glib tongue."

"Ah, yes! Err, I mean..."