Chapter 27: Raon Miru

Rosalyn started to smile.

"I heard you were trash, but I guess that was a lie."

Rosalyn stopped with the respectful tone almost immediately, as Cale had expected. Although the majority of the people may not know what the princess of another kingdom may look like, it was different for nobles.

Low-level nobles may have found it difficult to gather information, but at the Count level, like the Henituse family, having information about the neighboring kingdoms' nobles and royalty was basic knowledge. It was not just fun and games to be a noble.

Cale responded to Rosalyn's statement.

"It is true that I am famous for being trash. However, a mage should make their judgments based on their five senses."

"You are right, young master Cale. We only believe the things we experience ourselves."

Cale thought Rosalyn's way of speaking was quite odd. She was speaking informally to him as a princess, but when she was referring to herself as part of the society of mages by using the term, 'we,' she spoke formally. Her identity as a mage seemed to be very important to her.

"But princess-nim."

"Rosalyn."

She really didn't seem to like being treated like a princess.

"Okay then. Miss Rosalyn, are you done with your questions?"

"Yes. I am finished."

She smiled as she answered.

"Young master Cale, it seems like you do not want to be involved with me?"

Even though he knew she was a princess, he just told her to enjoy her stay and then leave. It wasn't that she found that to be disrespectful or anything. In fact, she preferred it that way. If she wanted special treatment, she would have revealed her full name and her identity immediately.

She did not want to be treated that way however. In addition, she was thankful to Cale for telling them about Lock's condition.

"Really? I just acted that way since princess-nim seemed to prefer it this way."

'Liar.'

Rosalyn treated Cale's words as just a good excuse.

A human who travels with a dragon. He was known to be trash by society, but was not actually like that in reality. He could have easily revealed her existence if he really wanted to do so.

She thanked Cale, who was smiling as if he knew nothing.

"It seems like you have not informed the Roan royalty. Thank you very much."

"No problem. Something like that should be based on the involved individual's own wishes."

Cale thought that the crown prince would barge into this residence if Cale had reported it to the palace.

"You are correct, young master Cale. I do not wish to reveal myself. If this lands you into trouble in the future, please let them know that I asked you not to do so. I will send a messenger to back up your story."

"Got it."

"Thank you for letting me stay here. I will take care of my business and not cause you any trouble."

'Not cause me any trouble.'

Cale thanked Rosalyn, who was giving him the answer he wanted to hear the most.

"Thank you very much."

"No worries, it is how it should be."

Rosalyn brushed Cale's thanks off before continuing to eat. Cale and Rosalyn, the two of them did not need to speak anymore. Rosalyn just peeked at Raon every so often.