𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐞. | 5

Elmara looked at the documents that filled her table. Her eyes darted to and from the pieces of paper, looking for a common factor among all the heroes that had gone missing. Her door opened, and a smiling Mr Saetang walked in holding a file.

"Well someone's happy this morning." Elmara commented, taking a sip of her coffee.

"I've done it. I found the link." Mr Saetang said shoving the file on her desk.

"Oh Mr. Saetang, you're a genius! What would I do without you?" Elmara gushed, flipping open the bound papers.

"Get your coffee yourself." Mr. Saetang chuckled, eliciting an eye roll from Elmara.

"Every single one of the heroes that had gone missing secretly worked under one Alex Drozdov."

Elmara rolled her eyes in annoyance. In Elysium, it was illegal for heroes to have any job outside the NHB, but it wasn't uncommon to find them working more jobs. Especially heroes in the lower ranks.

"Who is this Alex Drozdov?" Elmara thought to herself, trying to put a face to the name.
"Do you have a picture?" Elmara asked all the while glancing at the file Mr Saetang handed her.

"Alex Drozdov is a business mogul. His company, Dov enterprises, owns an array of other smaller companies that specialize in different things. And unfortunately, Mr Drozdov hates press, and doesn't allow his picture to be taken, so there are no records."

"Fuck." Elmara replied, resting her face in her hands, the stress evident in her eyes.

"Buttt... You forget how much of an awesome assistant I am." Mr Saetang grinned, brushing his dark hair back.

Elmara looked up, raising an eyebrow at her assistant.
"What are you on about Atheer?"

Elmara never called her colleagues by their first names at work, but the missing hero's had had her in a chokehold.

"I managed to arrange a meeting with Alex Drozdov, and by the look of it you have..."
"2 hours"
Mr. Saetang completed, glancing up from his watch.

"And you're just telling me this now!" Elmara gasped, getting out of her seat.

"I tried to call you last night, but I guess you were busy."

Elmara's mind flashed back to Alex putting her phone on silent, and her neck reddened remembering their proximity.

"Ermm yes... I was quite busy. Thank you, that'll be all." Elmara said, glancing down at her work table.

Mr. Saetang raised an eyebrow at her awkward manner, but didn't comment.

∘˚˳°∘˚˳°

It was lunch break and Elmara usually didn't eat anything, but she'd been craving a yoghurt bowl and decided to head towards the staff lounge/cafeteria.

As soon as she got in, she was greeted by an overexcited Morolake.
Morolake was a bubbly person, one of the Information dogs as they were called in the NHB. A cinnamon roll, but could be dead scary if her job called for it.

"We were just talking about you Elmara." She said, dragging Elmara to a table with Mauve, Prevail; another of her colleague and Laszlo, the head of the Recruiting team.

"Morolake seems to think you're going out with someone." Laszlo said in his charming way, sipping his expresso, his blue eyes glinting with amusement.

Elmara stood, rooted to her spot. Was she seeing someone? Could you consider what she did with her with her sexy stranger going out? She didn't even know his name for heaven's sake!
But before she could even say a word she heard Mauve's haughty scoff.

"Please, we all know that Elmara isn't the dating type." The pale haired woman commented, finding interest in her perfectly manicured nails.

This statement made Elmara mad. She wasn't the dating type? What did that even mean?

"Or- she just hasn't found anyone that's worth her time." Prevail commented, in her unbothered way, minding her Pho.
Prevail hardly ever spoke, but when she did, it was usually sarcastic, so Elmara was surprised to find her coming to her aid.

"Totally, and plus Bernie told me he's been seeing you with a tall bloke almost every day now."
Morolake said, nearly bursting with excitement.

Oh God, not Bernie. Bernie was the owner of the Rose D'or, and someone who Morolake swore she wasn't seeing, but everyone knew they had become an item ever since the NHB work ethic awards ceremony had been held at his restaurant.

"Oh come on, you guys should leave Elmara be. I'm sure she's swamped with work." Laszlo said with a small smile.
Laszlo was a charming man, a single father with the most adorable daughter in the world and he was definitely one of the hottest men in the NHB.

"But I want to talk to her!" Morolake fake whined.

"About our meeting on Friday..." Laszlo commented, ignoring Morolake, knowing if he didn't intervene Elmara would never get out of Morolake's clutches.

Laszlo chuckled as he walked Elmara out of the lounge.
"So are you really seeing someone?" He asked looking at Elmara with warm eyes.

"Oh God" Elmara sighed.
"Not you too."

Laszlo smiled at this, bringing his coffee to his lips.

"Well you should, you need to go out more. You're still so young Elmara. Leave the workaholism to the adults." He said, spreading his arms and grinning.

"Oh please, you're one to talk. You haven't been with anyone since Ksenia was three! She's eight now." Elmara said, rolling her eyes with a smile plastered on her face. She always enjoyed Laszlo's company.

"Sometimes the people we want aren't able to want us back." Laszlo answered with a small smile.
By now, they had reached Elmara's office.

They parted, and Elmara settled down, when she got a call on her office landline.

"Hello Miss Zaoui. I've just sent a Mr. Drozdov up to your office, you have a meeting scheduled?" The receptionist went on.

"Yes Amaya. Thank you."

Alex was escorted into the National Hero's Bureau by Nonso, and three guards. The disgust he had for this place could not be measured or quantified.
However, for his plan to properly fall into place, he needed to be here.

Alex grimaced at the name the receptionist had called.

"Miss Zaoui."

That was the daughter of the man that ruined everything he held dear. And he'd be damned If he didn't get his due.

He walked into the elevator, signalling Nonso and his guards to stay in the reception area.

His mind couldn't help but wonder to Elmara as a guard led him to the top floor. He smiled remembering their date last night. She was so adorable when she was flustered.

The guard opened the door of the office and nothing could prepare Alex for what, no- who he saw.

"You-"

𝐀/𝐍
*takes a long breath*
*lets it out*

So guys, what do we think?

Give me all your thoughts on the new characters. I personally think Laszlo is a snack.

Oo, and before I forget! Morolake and Prevail are real people. writermorola and prevail_mc thank y'all for cameo-ing in Broken Elysium <3.

And finally, because some of you have coconut head don't forget to;

𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞. | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭. | 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞.