𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝'𝐬 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐚. | 6

Elmara glanced up from the work on her table, and she nearly fainted when she saw who stood there.

"You." The voice she had craved to hear every night now called out to her in an almost accusatory manner.
Thoughts swarmed her, and her mind nearly spiralled out of control.
  It was only now that Elmara realized how little she knew about the man she had been spending her nights with.

But enough of that for now, she had a job to do.

"Please have a seat Mr Drozdov." Elmara said, with a saccharine sweet smile. She didn't get this far by not being able to keep her emotions in check.

Alex did just that, and sat in one of the leather bound chairs in front of Elmara's office desk. His mind wondered to how sexy Elmara looked in her crisp black blazer, but he reprimanded himself almost immediately.

"Did you know?" Alex couldn't help but ask. Did she already know who he was?

Still with her fake smile Elmara replied; "I can assure you I wasn't aware of your identity until now Mr Drozdov."

With this, Alex eased into his seat, she had no cause to lie.

"Now Mr. Drozdov I know you're a busy man, so I'd like to thank you for your time."

Alex inwardly chuckled at her seriousness. The switch was impeccable.

"Of course Moya zvezda."Alex replied with that stupidly delicious smirk of his that never failed to do Elmara's head in.

"It's Miss Zaoui." Elmara cut him off still smiling.

Alex balled his fists inorder to keep his composure at the mention of that name. Adopting a smile just as fake as the one Elmara had on, he continued;
"Ah yes, Miss Zaoui. Like you mentioned earlier, I am a busy man, so what can I do for you?" He asked her briefly.

Elmara handed him a piece of paper with all the names of the 35 missing heroes.

"Are these names familiar?" She asked with a business like demeanor.

"I recognize quite a few." Alex answered, his smirk growing.

"All these people have worked under you in the duration of the last three months. And now, they are suddenly missing. Do you have any idea as what could have happened to them?" Elmara asked, leaning slightly over the table.

"Miss Zaoui. I own a chain of businesses. You don't possibly expect me to keep tabs on all my employees, now do you?" He asked, cocking his pretty little head to the side.

Elmara squinted her eyes at this. His response was reasonable, but she couldn't ignore the niggling feeling she had at the back of her mind.

"So you have no idea?" She asked again. She knew she was going to have to deep digger into Alex Drozdov.

"No, I don't." Alex said, lying flatly.
He knew exactly where each one of the missing heroes' carcass lay. But Elmara would come to know that eventually.

"Okay Mr Drozdov. That will be all. You will be contacted if there are any more inquiries to be made." Elmara said, arranging the files on her table.

Alex smiled, almost sadly. Elmara didn't know just how tangled their lives were about to get.

∘˚˳°∘˚˳°

"Who was that piece of cake that just walked out of your office."

Elmara groaned, when she heard the voice of her cousin and best friend.

"Xirsi, what are you doing here?" Elmara asked the tall, model-looking, lean person in front of her.