𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐤. | 7.

"No way." Elmara said, eyes wide. There was no way in heaven or hell that she would wear this dress in public.

This was exactly why she hesitated allowing Xirsi to pick her dress style.

"Come on El, you look ravishing in that dress."

"My arms are out!" She cried, panic stricken.

"And so?" Xirsi asked, trying to get her point.

"They're huge Xirsi! I can't wear it. And the material emphasizes my body shape. Don't get me started on the slit! Don't you have something else for me to wear."

"First of all, you look gorgeous El. I'm quite insulted that you don't like my design."

Elmara's eyes widened with alarm.
She took a look at the silk material. It was simple, but elegant. The emerald silk felt like milk and honey on her skin and she'd be quite taken with it if it was the right thing for her to wear.

"It's gorgeous Xirsi. I just don't think I'm the right person to wear it." She said.

"Nonsense El. If we weren't cousins I'd totally be all over you. You look mouth watering, and I'm not even saying this to make you feel good. It's the basic truth.

Elmara bit her lip, she hardly believed Xirsi.

"I see you still don't believe me El. Okay, look at it this way. Do you think Me, Xirsi Reza Pahlavi the owner of Pahlavi style, would allow you debut the first item from a new line if I didn't think you were the right fit for it?
I might be your cousin, but I'm also a CEO sweets. Trust me when I say I know what I'm doing.

Elmara seemed to agree with this explanation better and it made Xirsi sad. Why did someone need to give a detailed, logical explanation for Elmara to believe she looked absolutely, bloody beautiful? Why couldn't she believe that she was a snack?

Xirsi stared at their baby cousin with sad eyes.

"Let's get you all dolled up, sweets."

˚˳°∘˚˳°

Elmara looked at the loads of people that gathered in the ballroom. The place even smelt like Capitalism.

She felt awkward. This wasn't her type of circle. Her father had left her, as soon as they arrived, telling her to mingle and build connections.

She stood awkwardly by the wall, when she was thrown off by someone talking to her.
"You feel outta place as well huh?"
Elmara regained her composure, smiling at the familiar face.

"Laszlo ! I didn't know you'd be here." Elmara grinned, grateful for a friend.

"Y'know how it is. Responsibilities." He sighed, his azure eyes looking heavy.

"Definitely. I am glad you're here though. I've probably been looking like an idiot, standing here."

"Nah, only a little." He chuckled teasing Elmara.

"Hey!" She laughed, play-hitting him.

Laszlo's eyes scanned Elmara's body, and Elmara started to feel self conscious. Her tummy was probably bulging out or something.

"You look gorgeous Elmara." He said in a more serious tone, something new in those eyes of his.

Elmara felt the heat rush up to her neck at this compliment.

"Thank you." She said, eyes drilling holes into the ground.

"Care for a dance?" He asked holding his hand out for her, and Elmara nodded gratefully, glad for a distraction from the millions of thoughts in her head."