𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬.| 9

𝐷𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 taesmxstress-. 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡.

Alex was at a crossroad. Elmara was never supposed to be involved in any of this. He cursed himself for going to the Rose D'or that evening, although he selfishly knew he had no regrets.

Ever since Elmara had come into his life he had felt a sense of peace. One never felt like anything was missing from one's self until one's missing piece showed up, and then everything would suddenly make sense. Everything finally made sense for Alex.

The way she laughed, the way her eyes crinkled when he said something funny, the way she spoke out about what she believed with so much passion. Alex was enraptured. He was a gone man and he knew it.

His plan had come to ruins. He couldn't do it, not if it would hurt Elmara.

"Your father is a terrible man." He muttered under his breath. His eyes sunken in defeat.

Elmara looked shocked at this confession. Her father wasn't the easiest with his tongue, but she thought calling her father terrible was a bit of a stretch.

"What could you possibly know about my father?" Elmara asked, eyebrows raised in scrutiny.

Alex sighed at this.

"Elmara," He said, glancing up at her. "I am probably no better than him after all that I have done, and I understand if you hate me after everything I tell you." Alex held Elmara's hands, a defeated look in his eyes.

"I am aware that you are the most probable cause of thirty five of my heroes washing up dead all over Elysium, but I still stand before you, do I not?" Elmara said with an emotionless look on her face, and a particular tone in her voice that Alex had never heard before.

He knew at once that he spoke to Elmara Zaoui, the head of Elysium's Hero Operations, and not the girl he'd spent nights with on the terrace of the Rose D'or.

"You do." He replied to her.

"So tell me. What has my father done?"

"The fire of Dashwood."

Elmara's breath stopped halfway. She had erased those words from her memory. She could feel her heart pound furiously against her ribcage.

"What are you trying to imply?" Elmara asked, raising her voice more than she intended to.

"Elmara–" Alex whispered, hurt etched all over his face.

"Stop. I will not stand and watch a murderer try to accuse my father of arson." Elmara seethed, not allowing her voice to shake.

"Goodbye Mr Drozdov." She turned away, leaving the hall, and eventually the party.

" She turned away, leaving the hall, and eventually the party

Alex was in his cold living room. He was to simply put it– a mess. He sat down on his pristine leather sofa, and poured himself a glass of scotch. He let the warm liquid trickle down his throat, enjoying the burning sensation. It was the only relief he could get from the turmoil that was ongoing in his mind.

The conversation he had with Elmara had reopened a set of old wounds. Flashbacks appeared in his head and he didn't know when the entire bottle of scotch had emptied in his hand.

He knew he would wake up tomorrow with a skull splitting headache, but he didn't care. All he wanted now was for the scotch to drown the memories in his head.

∘˚˳°∘˚˳°

Elmara lay on her bed, Hyacinth sleeping peacefully beside her.

Her mind was holding a riot. She was engaged to a murderer and a liar. Quite the partner for her father to choose.

The Dashwood fire.

A memory that Elmara had locked in the attic of her brain. A memory that she had wanted to stay there.

How dare he try to accuse her father of such a crime.

Elmara would not be marrying Alex Drozdov. She would be busy ensuring he was locked up in a cell where he belonged.

𝐀/𝐍

I know there isn't an excuse to permit a three month disappearance act, but if there's any place lower than the dumps, I've been there.

Fun fact: Broken Elysium was originally supposed to be a comedy. Seems crazy now, doesn't it?

Hopefully, I'll be more consistent with updates. I really want to finish the book before July.

And as always:

𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞! 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭! 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞!