Seventeen.

Elena stepped out of the car, "Hey, Tony." She smiled.

"Not that I don't enjoy unprompted visits, what are you all doing here?" Tony asked, "Auntie Ellie!" Morgan exclaimed.

"My girl!" Elena exclaimed, as Tony set his daughter down and she ran over to the brunette's open arms, "When are you marrying Vallie?"

"Someday soon, Morgan." She smiled, "How about you show me your fort?"

"Ok!" Morgan exclaimed.

"We know what it sounds like." Scott said, "Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve asked just as Elena stepped back onto the porch.

"You brought them here talking about time travel?" Tony asked, "Tony, don't be an ass." Elena half-glared.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale...which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" Tony asked, "In layman's terms, it means you're not coming home."

"I did." Scott stated, "No. You accidentally survived. It's a billion-to-one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull a...what did you call it?" Tony asked.

"A time heist?"

"Tony think before you speak, don't be a passive aggressive ass." Elena spoke, "Breath."

"Yeah. A time heist. Of course." Tony spoke, "why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable. Because it's a pipe dream."

"The stones are in the past." Steve stated, "No duh." Elena muttered, "Sorry, that's not helping."

"We could go back." Steve continued, "We could get them."

"We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everybody back." Natasha spoke, "Or we could screw it up worse than already has, right?" Tony asked.

"But at least we'd know we tried. Tony, we could bring them back. I lost my sister Tony, and I need to know that I did everything I could to get her back." Elena spoke.

"I gotta say it. I sometimes miss that giddy optimism." Tony spoke, "However, high hopes won't help...If there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome, will be our collective demise."

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel." Scott sat down, "Alright, that means no talking to our past selves...no betting on sporting events."

Tony held out his hand, "I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott."

"Are you seriously telling me, that your plan to save the universe...is based on Back to the Future ? Is it?"

"No," Scott shook his head, "Good, you had me worried there. Cause that would be horseshit." Tony stated, "That's not how quantum psychics works."

"Tony," Natasha spoke up, "We have to take a stand."

Elena pressed her lips together, this was completely crazy. This whole thing. She spent five years working through trauma (no where near all of it), falling in love, and trying to find a way to get everyone back. Everything was all about getting everyone back.

"We did stand." Tony stated, "And yet, here we are."

"I know, you got a lot on the line," Scott spoke, "You gotta wife, a daughter. But I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did. And now, now we have a chance to bring her back...to bring everyone back. And you're telling me that you won't even try?"

"That's right Scott, I won't even." Tony spoke, "I can't."

Morgan came running out across the porch, "Mommy told me to come and save you." Tony picked her up setting her on his lap, "Good job. I'm saved."

"Look, I wish you were coming here to ask me something else, anything else. I just can't. Oh and the table is set for six."

"Tony, I get it." Steve spoke, "I have people- one person on the line too. And I'm happy for you, but this is a second chance."

"I got my second chance right here, Cap." Tony motioned to Morgan, "I can't roll the dice on it."

After a few moments he started talking again, "If you don't talk shop you can stay for lunch." Tony walked back inside.

"I'll try and talk to him. He'll listen to me...he's just-" Elena started, "He's scared." Natasha noted.

"He's not wrong." Steve said, "Yeah, but I mean what are we going to do?" Scott asked, "We need him, what are we gonna stop?"

No, I wanna do it right." Steve said, "We're gonna need a really big brain."

"Bigger than his?" Scott pointed to Tony's house, "Oh, you guys have fun with that. I'm gonna work on this." Elena motioned to the house, and then gave her sister a quick hug, "I love you, drive safe."

Elena re-entered the house, and Morgan spotted her immediately.

"Auntie Ellie! You decided to stay!" Morgan exclaimed, "Of course I did munchkin."

"I hope you're not going to talk shop." Tony stated, "Not right now." Elena smiled, "Right now, I'm going to eat lunch with my favorite niece."

"And then play?" Morgan asked, "Of course."

Elena fiddled with the engagement ring that hung off a chain around her neck, "Tony, all I'm asking you to do is think about it."

"I get that Ellie, I really do." Tony spoke, "but you see what I have to keep in mind, I have Pepper, and Morgan...and you."

"I can take care of myself Tony," Elena frowned.

"I know you can, but I could have lost you when you came to space, but I didn't. This time around might be different. And I have more on the line than ever."

"No one can ever get you to stop Tony, why give up now? When we can at least try." Elena spoke, "Just think about. I have to go but...I hope to see you soon."

"You look stressed," Valkyrie stated, brushing a strand of Elena's hair away from her face, "We have a chance, to bring everyone back. And Tony's being...reluctant. And I don't know." She shook her head.

Valkyrie kissed Elena's forehead, "We'll be okay. Tony will come to his senses. I love you, Elena."

"I love you too."