Nineteen.

"Alright, Clint." Bruce spoke, and Elena stood around in a group with the others, "You're freaking out aren't you?" Nebula asked Elena.

"Pshh, What? No." Elena shook her head, and then met Nebula's eyes, "We spent who knows how long on that ship together, you know very well that I'm freaking out."

"We're going in three, two...one." Bruce counted down, before Clint disappeared into the time machine. Elena still found it completely crazy that there was such thing as an actual time machine now. 

Moments later Clint reappeared, Natasha was the first to run up to him, "Hey. Hey, look at me, You okay?"

"Yeah, Yeah." he said breathlessly, "It worked, It worked." 

"Okay, so it worked," Elena breathed, "What the hell now?"

"Okay, so the how works." Steve stated, "Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter...with at least one of the six infinity stones." 

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for damn near been killed by one of the six infinity stones." Tony quipped and Elena sat at the table her chin leaning against her arm.

"Well, I haven't but I don't even know what the hell you're talking about," Scott spoke up, "Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce said.

Elena doodled on the piece of paper in front of her, she had a fairly short attention span, and this part was all stuff she had heard or experienced.

"Our history." Tony added, "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint continued, "Correct." Tony stated.

"So, let's start with the Aether." Steve spoke, "Thor, what do you know?"

Thor stood up, "The Aether, my grandfather many years ago had to hide the Aether from the Dark Elves, anyways it basically manipulates matter, into whatever it wants."

"And the power stone?" Steve asked, this time Rocket spoke up, "Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag."

"Is that a person?" Bruce asked, as Elena sketched the stone on the piece of paper in front of her, labeling it with it's name and abilities.

"No, it's a planet. Quill was a person." Rocket corrected, "Like a planet? Like in Outer Space?" Scott asked, mouth full of food. 

Elena couldn't eat, she felt completely sick to her stomach with nerves. 

"Oh look, it's like a little puppy. All happy and everything." Rocket mocked, "Do you want to go to space? Do you want to go to space, puppy?"

"He has a point," Elena whispered to Natasha, "Scott does not fit in with the rest of us." Natasha let out a small laugh, and nudged her sister.

"The Soul Stone?" Steve motioned for the next point, "Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir." Nebula explained.

"What's Vormir?" Natasha asked, not looking up from her notepad, "A dominion of death...at the very center of celestial existence." 

Natasha and Elena looked up curiously, "That's where Thanos murdered my sister."

Elena looked down, quietly continuing her notes, "Not it." Scott noted.

Next was the Time Stone, they had been at this plan for a few days now, and they were all becoming more worried by the day. One mistake could ruin any chances of bringing everyone back, it also could completely destroy anything they had built since then.

"That Time Stone guy." Natasha said, "It's Dr. Strange, Nat. Keep up." Elena teased, and Natasha whacked her head with her pen.

Elena, Tony, and Natasha laid on the table books and papers surrounding them, "Ouch. Don't be mean, Nat." she glared.

"Yeah, whatever."

"Tony, tell Natasha to stop being mean."

Natasha shook her head, "What kind of doctor was he?"

"Ear-nose throat meets rabit-from-hat." Tony stated, "I'm pretty sure he was a surgeon, Tony. I think I might've read a medical news article with his name on it. Apparently he was good." Elena corrected. 

"He had a nice place in the Village, though." Bruce added, "Yeah, on Sullivan street?"

"Mhm, Bleaker Street."

"Wait, he lived in New York?" Natasha asked, "No, he lived in Toronto." Tony said sarcastically, "Yeah on Bleeker and Sullivan." Bruce spoke.

"Have you been listening to anything?" Tony asked, "Sure she has Tony, we're all tired. Don't be a grump." Elena stated.

"Guys." Natasha spoke, "If you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York."

"Oh my god!" Elena exclaimed, "You are a genius, I love you." 

"All right. We have a plan," Steve announced, "Six stones. Three teams, one shot."

"Anyone else, terrified?" Elena asked, several heads turned to her, "What? I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking."

Elena let out a breath, "Okay, I'm going to go talk to Valkyrie." Elena said to Natasha quietly, and the red haired woman nodded.

"They have more than enough people, I don't understand why you have to go put yourself into danger." Valkyrie spoke, laying with her face inches away from her fiance.

"You know why I have to do this, Val." Elena said softly, "I just came to say goodbye...just in case."

"Nothing is going to happen Elena, do you understand? You are not going to get yourself killed a month before our wedding." Valkyrie said, and Elena smiled softly.

"I won't." she pressed a kiss to Valkyrie's lips, "I love you, forever."

"I love you too...But I think I need to hear you say it again." Valkyrie said, and Elena moved closer to the other woman, "I," she kissed her forehead, "Love," then her cheek, "You," and finally her lips.

"Not that wasn't amazing, but I meant the not getting yourself killed thing."

"I promise, I won't get myself killed."

"Good," Valkyrie said, "I am way too in love with you, to lose you."