chapyer six

Washington Brady Bunch

Tama scowled, glancing up at the school she was soon to enter

Tama scowled, glancing up at the school she was soon to enter. She cursed her mother for the fifth time this morning, slinging her backpack over her shoulder before leaving the safety of her car. She slammed the door, resisting the urge to punch it with all her might which, as of recently, was apparently a lot. She was still getting used to her newfound strength and found it all confusing to her, the girl blaming the lightning strike and continuing on with her day. Tama had too many things on her plate at the moment and the possibility of having super strength could not fit. Placing her head against the window, she groaned, trying to control the heat that was rushing up her body. Her body cooled down once she felt soft rain slowly soak her curled hair. Blinking, she glanced up at the sky, letting the rain fall onto her face and feeling the anger fall away with it. She sighed, silently trying to convince herself that the gray storm clouds and rain were not of her doing but failing.

Her attention was grabbed when she heard a familiar voice, turning to see none other than her ex standing amongst a few of his peers with a smug look. Tama scoffed, "of fucking course." Lightning struck close to the school just then, causing a majority of the students in the parking lot to jump from shock. Paul glanced over, doing a double take when he caught sight of Tama, who was looking up at where the lightning had cascaded down from the sky, trying to convince herself that she wasn't the one who had caused it. He seemed to hesitate, almost walking over to her but suddenly stopped, the boy looking as though he remembered something. He nudged one of his friends, a pale blond with piercing blue eyes and a frigid stare, nodding in Tama's direction. She saw him give the boy some sort of order before she caught sight of him quickly running over to her. Tama groaned, picking up the pace in an attempt to get away from the boy who looked all too happy to do Paul's bidding.

"Um hey, my name's Mike...Mike Newton," he said, clarifying, as if she cared. Tama rolled her eyes, uninterested in the pale faced minion sent by her ex.

"Hmm, that's nice," was all she said before brushing past him and continuing her brooding stride towards the administration building. The boy didn't yield, following after her, a blubbering mess as he tried to get her to stop.

Just when she was about to stop and yell at Mike, a new face appeared, blocking her entrance just as she reached the school steps. The perky brunette smiled up at her, another taller brunette coming to stand next to her with a more relaxed look. She pushed her glasses up and waved, somewhat off put by the bubbly persona of her friend next to her, "Hi, I'm Jessica! I've never seen you around here, you must be new to town."

Tama adjusted her backpack on her shoulder. "Well actually-" the teen didn't get a chance to finish, Jessica cutting her off as she loudly made conversation with Mike. Tama looked to the taller girl in confusion, only receiving an eye roll in response.

The girl, who had brown skin similar to hers, smiled as she quickly snapped a photo of Tama, catching her off guard. She overlooked the photo, somewhat shocked. Tama hesitantly leaned forward, Angela getting the hint and giving Tama a look at the photo that had just been taken of her. A small gasp escaped her lips, her mouth forming into a small "o" as she took in the sight of her with a lightning strike just behind her. "You've got a good eye."