chapter fourteen

"thunderstorm part two"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

ϟ

Saturday mornings in the Hawk household usually consisted of a shared breakfast made over the sound of old music from before Tama's time, laughter and gossip between mother and daughter, and if they had time, they'd paint each other's nails. However, it had been a month since they'd last spent a Saturday morning together and today was no different as Tama dragged Paul out of their apartment before her mother could return home from the Clearwaters', taking him to the one person she hoped could help; Sam Uley. She felt partially awful for dropping another teen on his doorstep for him to help as he had taken on the role of alpha and within it, Tallulah and Jared under his fresh wings. He'd always been a boy who took on way more than he could handle in hopes of pleasing others and avoiding the reputation his father had gained but, it seemed he'd reached a new low and it was obvious in the dark circles and barely-there presence behind his dark eyes.

Tama stilled upon seeing Leah's car in the driveway, trying to mentally prepare for the dreaded confrontation she'd been avoiding for days now as they walked up the small, nearly broken wooden steps that led to their front door. Before she could knock, the door swung up to reveal a flustered Emily, the girl pushing her overgrown bangs out of her face as she offered a shy smile, like a kid caught stealing. The guilt that ate away at her was suddenly full and it was replaced with something akin to disgust taking in the sight in front of her. Tama's face contorted into a look of both shock and anger as she asked, "what are you doing here? And in Leah's car no less?" She knew she had no business being hypocritical when she too was keeping secrets from her best friend but, this was a different kind of betrayal that made her blood boil and her hand curl into a tight fist at her side.

Emily struggled to come up with a response, as if she herself didn't know what led her to drive to the Uley residence, which was partially true as she had no real reason as to why she suddenly felt so strongly towards Leah's ex boyfriend, a boy she wouldn't have looked twice at any other day. Tama could see this in her eyes and, along with the comforting hand placed on the small of her back by Paul, she sighed, saying nothing more as she pushed past her best friend's cousin and into the house she'd become so familiar with as of late. Emily was quick to shut the door behind her on her way out, Tama hearing Leah's car peel out of the hidden driveway at an alarming speed.

Tama focused her attention on Sam, who had a similar 'deer in the highlights' look on his face; Tama resisted the urge to punch him as she asked instead, "does she know?" When Sam shook his head, she scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I'd drag you out into the back for that but, I need your help and for that, I need you coherent and with all your limbs intact."

The older boy winced, having taken every beating he got over his dilemma between Leah and Emily, a love triangle he didn't ask to be apart of. He focused his gaze instead on the teenage boy that stood directly behind Tama with his hand still placed on her back, like a child that held onto their mother in public for fear of being lost and forgotten. He jutted his chin out slightly, a form of acknowledgement, "I'd ask but, I already know."

𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 & 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ϟ 𝐩𝐚𝐮𝐥 𝐥𝐚𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐞जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें