Part 12

Lisa

"That one," my youngest brother, Chan, said, pointing at a chick on the other side of the bar.

She had tits the size of my fucking head, more makeup on her face than the counter of a goddamn department store.

He knew me better than that.

I took a sip of my whiskey and replied, "No fucking way. She does nothing for me."

"Does she need to?" Ten asked. "She'll just be a quick fuck for the night." He set down his drink to get a better look at her. "Have you lost your mind? She's smoking."

"Lisa hasn't gotten laid in over a week," Chan said. "You know this is how she gets when she hasn't had pussy. Like a lost fucking bird who can't find her way south."

I wasn't lost.

I knew exactly what I wanted.

What I craved.

Who I needed to pull me out of this rut.

And she was going to be at this bar tonight.

During my meeting with Bobby this afternoon, he'd reminded me that Jennie wouldn't begin filming for another week. Tonight was an obligatory meetup with the crew, so the girls could work on their chemistry and interactions, and the viewers would believe they were actually friends in real life.

In my gut, I had known coming here was the worst fucking idea.

It would do nothing but tease me.

But I just needed to put my eyes on her.

Every time I tried to think of someone else, her body would come into my mind. The sensation of her lips would pass across my skin. I would see the smile that had lit up her face when she sat on the other side of my desk, her mouth full of the burrito she had made for us.

A dinner I had ruined.

Goddamn it, Jennie was a good girl.

Normally, I didn't do good. I found bad and naughty, who didn't give a shit about what happened past the morning, an orgasm the only thing we were both after.

But not Jennie.

She wanted ... more.

Something I'd always avoided, which was why I couldn't understand the reason I was still taunting myself with her. Why thoughts of her were eating away at me. Why the need to see her was consuming me.

"That one," Ten said, nodding toward the table across from us, where two chicks were eye-fucking my brothers and me.

"Hell no." I glanced at Ten. "The ginger is not my type, and the other is an old client."

"How old?" Chan asked.

"Not old enough." I twirled my glass over the tabletop. "She switched law firms when my assistant walked in on her and Mina fucking in the copy room."

"Mina, your paralegal?" Chan asked.

I nodded.

"She couldn't hook the lawyer, so she went for the next best thing. Maybe it's time to nibble on her bait," Ten said.

"Jesus." I shook my head, the two of them fucking relentless. I'd heard enough. I got up from the table and said, "I need a drink."

Ten tapped the edge of my glass. "You have one."

"I need something stronger."

I headed for the bar, where I spotted a vacant seat at the end. Once my ass was planted, without my brothers breathing down my neck, I took a quick scan of the room. Beautiful women were everywhere. That was what this place was known for—a meat factory for singles. But, fuck me, there wasn't a girl in sight who did anything for me, who would make me approach her and cage her with my arms, like I'd done to Jennie on the rooftop of the hotel.