Epilogue

Lisa

My girl never stopped smiling. Even during the darkest moments when she was hurting more than she was letting on, I could still find a grin on her lips. She was tough. Far tougher than her sister, who wouldn't have survived a second of that media shitstorm.

Since Jennie had been released from the studio, from shooting every day, and from sharing her life with the whole goddamn world, her personality was really shining. She wasn't weighed down by all these false narratives being spread about her, her tears were at bay, and she was no longer trying to hide from the public eye.

She was even posting again on social media, sharing her art and quotes about life—things that were important to her.

I could never take away the scandalous photos—they would live online forever. But I could make the situation better, and that was what I'd done.

And I was making sure she enjoyed every moment of that emotional freedom.

Once I wrapped up a few important meetings and was able to clear my schedule, I planned a surprise trip. The morning of, I told her to pack a suitcase for a warm, sunny climate. That was the only hint I gave her, and a few hours later, we boarded my company's private jet. I even made sure all the monitors inside the plane were covered, so she couldn't see the destination or the route.

The moment the plane landed, I moved her over to the stairs, where two women were waiting for us at the bottom, leis in their hands.

"Aloha," they sang.

Jennie turned toward me, her lips in that grin that I loved so fucking much. "Hawaii? Are you serious?" She threw her arms around my neck, making me the happiest motherfucker. "Tell me this is a dream."

"We're here for two weeks, baby, and we're going to island hop." I leaned back, my thumb tugging at her lips. "You're going to be dreaming later when you see the sunset from Kailua Beach." I pressed my lips to hers, tasting the heat from her mouth and the tropical scent on her skin that smelled so much like the breeze. My hands dipped to her ass, gently slapping it. "Go get your lei, so I can see you in that bikini I brought you."

"A bikini, huh?"

I'd known about this trip for over a week, so I'd had time to prepare.

And this one was a thong that only I'd get to appreciate since I'd rented us a private house on Oahu.

Jennie descended the stairs, and I followed. A flower necklace was placed over her head and mine, welcoming us, and then we got into the SUV that was parked next to the jet. While we waited for our bags, I pulled her toward the middle of the backseat, wrapping my arm around her, and the driver loaded our things into the back and drove us toward the road.

Jennie watched the scenery through the window, making little noises as we passed beautiful views. But my eyes were on her, appreciating the sight in front of me even more, one that couldn't stop beaming.

"Goddamn it, you're gorgeous."

Her eyes slowly moved to mine. "It's like you're seeing me for the first time."

"Sometimes, it feels like that's the case."

She shook her head. "I wish you knew how that made me feel." She found my hand, squeezing it. "The love that you fill me with." A redness moved across her cheeks. "This intense, deep passion."

I pulled her even closer, needing a taste of her lips, to feel them against mine.

But one kiss wasn't enough.

It never was.

When it came to Jennie, I always wanted more.

Needed more.