Chapter Eleven ~ Magic in Me

Adira

      "Shh," I hissed at Toothless, "act hostile or something." Toothless nodded and gave a half-convincing growl.

      "It's okay bud," Hiccup said softly, holding out his hand to stop Toothless from attacking or something, "let's try to train this dragon."

      "What kind of dragon is that?" Tuffnut whispered, slowly emerging from the cave I had created.

      "I don't know," Hiccup replied, "just stay behind me." I gave a half-hearted snarl at him. "Easy now. We're friends. See, I have a dragon friend right here," he gestured to Toothless, "we won't hurt you." He slowly extended my hand towards me. I rolled my eyes.

      "Wow, that dragon's got sass." Ruffnut snickered. I growled at her, not a forced growl, but a growl that actually came from my emotions. Time to scare her senseless.

      Suddenly a thought dawned on me. If I imagined what kind of element I would blast out, what if I imagined myself growing bigger? And changing colors? I pictured myself as big as a house and as brown as mud. Sure enough, my scales shifted from silver and gold to brown, and I saw the ground appear farther and farther away. My dragon abilities seem to be endless.

      Ruffnut shrieked and cowered back, while Toothless was rolling on the ground laughing. "Toothless?" Hiccup asked uncertainly. I thought of the ocean and in a flash of white light, was myself again.

      "Toothless, stop blowing my cover!" I exclaimed in annoyance. Everyone but the dragons stood, mouths agape in utter shock.

      "You. Were. Just. A. Dragon." Hiccup stuttered.

      "Way to state the obvious," I grumbled, now embarrassed.

      "How did you do that?" He breathed.

      "I got really angry at the twins and... BAM! Dragon form." I explained, blushing.

      "Aw-" Ruffnut started, but I cut her off almost immediately.

      "Don't even start." I hissed through clenched teeth. Luckily, she had enough sense to stop before I turned into a dragon again.

      It took the rest the day for everyone to accept the fact that I was part dragon. Apparently, all of the other dragons were aware of it, though.

      "Remember when I told you that your dragon training was a gift?" Toothless said when I asked how he knew.

      "Well yeah..." I trailed off.

      "I was being literal. You are half-dragon which is your gift. Dragon speaking was just part of it."

      "Wait so that shooting star didn't work? I just happened to make that wish the day before I actually became part-dragon?"

      "Correct," he told me, "after that, you were a dragon, you just never got mad enough to turn until today."

      "So why am I a dragon?" I questioned.

      "The time and place you were born. August 28th, on a boat, positioned directly above a magical lair."

      "I won't even ask how that happened," I said with a sigh. "So what can I do in dragon form? I know I can shoot any element out of my mouth, and I can change size and color. But what else?"

      Toothless flashed his signature grin, "that, my friend, is up to your imagination." He warbled and walked off. 

      So basically he was saying that while I was in dragon form, I could do anything I imagined. Literally.

      I found Melanite by the stables, gorging himself on salmon. "Hey, Melanite have you heard?" I asked.

      "Heard what?" He mumbled around his mouthful of fish.

      "That I'm a dragon," I replied matter-of-factly.

      The Skrill's face visibly lit up. "Finally! It's honestly about time. Well, good for you!"

      "So you knew the whole time?" I interrogated suspiciously.

      "We all did. Dragons just know." He answered.

      So I had magic in me. Something to do with August 28th and a magical underwater lair. I decided that I could ask questions later and start discovering sooner. So I did.

      "Melanite, want to fly with me to see what I can do?" I proposed.

      "Yeah, I would love to," Melanite responded, licking his lips. I turned into my silver and gold, Nadder-sized self.

      "Let's go," I said curtly and leaped upward. Once we were in the air, I positioned myself directly in front of Melanite and hovered there, "so I heard you can fly faster than the speed of sound?"

      "Indeed," Melanite answered, "race you to the other side of Berk," He said and shot off, me right on his tail.

      A sonic boom sounded behind us, so loud it rattled my body as I flapped toward the horizon. Melanite was slightly ahead of me, and I could see the other end of Berk's shores coming up. One last wing beat and I surged forward, leaving Melanite in the dust. I couldn't believe it, I could fly faster than a Strike Class dragon. Talk about a crazy day.

      "That was awesome!" I exclaimed and did a backflip in the air.

      "I can't believe you beat me." Melanite gasped, trying to catch his breath. I noticed I wasn't tired at all.

      "That was super fun. I want to see what else I can do!" I hollered and flipped again.

      "Maybe something that doesn't involve racing," Melanite muttered. I scoffed.

      "Let's try swimming," I suggested and plummeted straight down into the open sea.

      Two glassy, see-through scales slid over both my eyes so I could see underwater as a few scales on the side of my neck moved so I had gills. The world around me was amazing; fish darted around and a few Seashokers drifted past. I changed my scales to the color of the seaweed floating at the bottom so I fit in a little more. Then, I opened my jaws to snatch up a nearby fish. Salmon, my favorite.

      "Tasty." I murmured with a sigh. The breath turned out to be a bunch of bubbles coming from out of my mouth. I laughed, which resulted in more bubbles. This earned several strange glances from some nearby Thunderdrums.

      The water was cold, but I didn't feel it. I guess that's what happens when you turn into a Tidal Class dragon. This just seemed to be getting better and better.

A/N: Yeah, kinda a filler I will admit. Also sorry for taking so long to update.