Chapter Twenty ~ Blizzard

A/N: Because this is the last chapter and I'm a nice person in going to make it extra long! Normally I do 1,000+ words but this time I'm gonna go for 1,500+ words. #randomactofkindness

P.S. Pic to the side or top is Blizzard (the beastly dragon they fight)

Adira

      The ocean tide changed; the waves briskly creeping up on the shores. I grimaced in sudden fear as another roar sounded from the ocean, but this time much closer. Something was off about this whole situation, how the Conquerers, Berserkers, and Outcasts left the scene, even on their burning boat. But although the enemy men left, the ice dragons stayed and continued fighting, despite their small numbers. One glance upward told me that a storm was coming in, and soon it started to snow.

      "Come on, it's summer!" I heard someone groan. It seemed like snow was not an uncommon thing on Berk, but this snow was different. Too cold, too sudden. Something told me that the beast nearing the island was responsible for the unexplainable storm.

      "Guys, a dragon's coming from the sea," I shouted before changing into my silver and gold self, "prepare yourselves!"

      I shot a ball of earth from my maw as an attempt to at least block out the growing waves. It seemed to work temporarily, but I knew the giant out at sea would easily crush it. Moments later I could just make out a green-blue dot in the distance.

      "Anyone have any ideas?" Hiccup called out unsurely. I gave him a glance than a dragon smirk. He shot me a questioning look. "Adira?"

      Night Fury time. I whispered eerily. His puzzled look cued my change in dragon.

      "You look like Starstorm." Toothless growled suspiciously.

      "Since you have the tail thing I just copied what she looked like instead of you." I tried to explain, although it was a lie. Then I remembered that I fixed his tail.

      "Um, Adira? I can't really fly Toothless with his new tail." Hiccup voiced my thoughts. I nodded assent and changed the dark dragon's tail to its red prosthetic version. He gave me a grateful look. "Let's go," he murmured and dove full-speed into the sky. I followed straight behind him.

      When we approached the huge dragon I finally got a glimpse of what we were up against. It was much larger than any dragon I'd ever seen, even bigger than the Red Death or a Bewilderbeast. It had many characteristics of a Bewilderbeast with its icy breath and huge stature. But instead of being gray or white, it was blue and green, and in some spots a mixture of both. It was slim, and I noticed that it had two sets of broad wings.

      Let's try to make it fly, I told Hiccup. How should I do it?

      "Warn up the water. It'll probably fly away from heat." He advised and I did as instructed. Sure enough, the giant beast shot straight up, roaring in agony, all four wings flapping madly.

      So you don't like heat, eh? Our lucky day. Hiccup gave a soft smile at my comment.

      "Now, Toothless!" Hiccup called and Toothless shot a white-hot plasma blast straight at one of the dragon's wings. The thing which I could only call Blizzard screeched in pain and I saw that the one blast had left black scorch marks skidding down the underside of the dragon's back left wing. It actually was very sensitive to heat.

      "It's fire and ice," Hiccup breathed nonchalantly, "should be a piece of cake." I wanted to agree, but something inside me said that it wasn't going to be too easy. Blizzard hadn't even shot his ice breath yet. Until that moment.