2. Bedwars

"Heeeeeelllooow and welcome chat, to the stream!" I bellowed, throwing my arms out and grinning at the face cam. I glanced at the chat. "One hundred and thirty-nine people? That must be a new personal record. Hi to anyone new, by the way."

Droogsdeeley: EARLY

orangepeaks: well done Y/n!

Gogynotanywhere: bedwars letsgooo

"Bedwars, ah yes. Today chat, we are going to make so many small children cry-" I shrunk the view of my face and pulled up minecraft. "-I might even get sued for child abuse." I feigned rolling up the sleeves of my sweater (let's have an adventure) with fake determination.

The familiar loading screen filled my screen. I loved this.

The clacking of the keyboard, the clicks of the mouse, the strain on my eyes- I loved it all. Gaming made me feel like I really was in charge of my life, a break from following instructions and restricting social hierarchy.

The only hierarchies in games depended on your own skills, not the opinions of others.

As a fairly average 18-year-old with a small case of social anxiety, going to school made me feel like stuffing my head into a meat grinder. Or maybe just my big toe. I would never hear the end of it if my friend Sophie found out that I'd gotten my face stuck in a meat grinder.

She'd make sure my entire school knew about it, too.

The point was, gaming was my therapy, and streaming?

Streaming was an opportunity to become anyone I wanted to be.

You wouldn't be able to tell who I was if you met me online but knew me in real life. Y/nOP and Y/n irl were two completely different individuals. At least, personality wise.

"NOT EVEN CLOSE, NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE!" I shouted, after a fairly intense moment of pvp. I was lucky my mother was out of the house again with the noise I was making.

My in-game character dashed over to the mound of purple wool blocks protecting the team's bed. This was the last team that I had to defeat for me to win. Again. Not to toot my own horn, but Minecraft was the reason of my existence. I was really good at it.

I managed to break the purple player's bed just milliseconds before the player respawned again, instantly gearing up as much as they could before leaping back into battle. Alright, this was the final obstacle to victory. I was silent in concentration, trading blows and regenerating myself. There goes my last golden apple.

And half my health.

I towered up onto the rooftop of purple's base, trying to buy myself time to heal. The other player immediately started following me, knowing that I was low. Little did they know, they had actually put themselves in the prime position for me to reign a critical attack from above.

Now that's a lot of damage.

I jumped down off the roof after the player. They were on one heart. Mine had regenerated to 7-and-a-half. "CHAT LETS FINISH THIS CHILD OFF WITH AN ASS SPANKING!" I shouted, as I took a hit. 5 hearts left.

I jumped for the next crit. But the other player landed another hit. (That rhymed lol) 2 hearts. Chat seemed to be losing hope.
But I knew how to finish this guy off with a bang.

A bang?

A clue?

Ugh, whatever.

At the last second, I pulled out a fire charge and aimed it directly at my target, who was helpfully standing right at the edge of the floating island.

B O O M

The words 'VICTORY' lit up my screen as I was paraded around on the enderdragon around the map. I raised my fists in the air in victory. Sweet, sweet victory. "Did you see that, guys? Didn't even see it coming. Another flawless victory for me."

I looked over at chat. It was speeding surprisingly fast for just a bedwars win.

Actuallydead1665: You did not.

Souleaterrr9: Y/N YOU MADWOMAN

Urmommymilkrrz: THAT WAS F*****G TOMMYINNITAJSBDK

My eyes widened in shock. No way. "Chat, chill. The chances of that are like, one in a million. That was probably just an 11-year-old with his skin." I rejected, flapping my hand up and down.

Shrekali0a: ROLL THE CLIP

Tsunam333: CLIPPED IT IT WAS TOMMY FRFR

"You clipped it? Right then, let us see..."

I would have fainted if it weren't for my crappy old office chair holding me up. Holy shitake mushrooms, it really was the Tommyinnit.

And I had just beat him.

I was in absolute shock.

Ding ding! Time for teletubbies!

"Thankyou for the follow, CatieMargarita985"

《▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎》

A/n I've actually planned out a book for once.
Also I had to incorporate sweater weather somehow, don't blame me.

Do you guys say 'arse' or 'ass'?
Also ik that's not how firecharges work but I thought utd a cooler victory.