3. Sophie Hamilton

I woke up the next morning refreshed and ready to tackle on the school day. After all, if I could beat the Tommyinnit at bedwars, then I could beat anything.

...

At least that was what I was originally thinking upon entering the school gates. Any confidence I had vanished immediately as I caught a glimpse of Sophie, surrounded by her gang of friends.

It was hard not to be the slightest bit jealous.

Perfectly moisturised skin, flashy blue eyes, silky smooth hair, the list went on. Sophie was like a diamond amongst the rubble of this part of London, outshining everything around her. It was like she was one of them popular girls in those American teen flicks. She had the entire school worshipping the ground she stepped on, and as much as I *cough* loved *cough* my childhood friend, I also wished I had never met her.

Because Sophie had turned into one of the most passive-agressive bitches I knew.

And I knew many.

Which is why I found myself swerving away from her direction, instead opting to choose the longest route to class. Wasn't sneaky enough. Sophie saw me.

"Oh hey, Y/n! Lovely to see you! Haven't seen you all week, because, you know, my trip to Bali." She chirped, waving me over.

I internally stabbed myself.

"Hey, Soph-"

"It was amazing, down there! They had these really nice beaches, with the softest, whitest, sand I have ever seen! Oh my god, I have pictures!" Sophie gushed, talking over me. She took out her phone, and the crowd around her condensed into a tighter group, isolating me completely from the only person that talked to me. At least I could get away now.

Sike.

"Y/n, I'm sorry I left you for such a long time, I know you don't have many other people." Sophie turned to me, grabbing me by the arm and pulling me back.

"What do you mean she doesn't have many other people?" One of her goons asked.

"Well, her mum's a drunkie, her dad is who-knows-where, and she's in stage crew. Also she loves computer art and stuff. You're a little geeky, aren't you, Y/n?" Sophie answered, bumping me with her shoulder, grinning.

"Mhm, a little, maybe." I mumbled, edging away from her with as much subtlety as possible. "Look, I didn't quite understand...question 17 for maths homework so I'm gonna head to the teacher's office. See you later, Sophie."

I shuffled away awkwardly from the group.

"See, she's a bit of a nerd." Was the last thing I heard from her.

《▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎》

Lunch breaks were never nice, either. Half the time I'd be by myself, working on props for plays instead of eating, or I'd be sandwiched between two loud teenagers who only gossiped about other people.

Today wasn't any different.

"Wait, so Casey likes Michael?" Said Freya, leaning over my lap to make eye contact with the other girl next to me.

"Yes! I honestly don't know what she sees in him! I'm way hotter!" Answered an annoyed Carla, frowning at Casey from a distance.

"For sure!"

...

Then they rounded upon me. "So Y/n, you're bisexual, right? Sophie told us." Asked Carla, with faux kindness. Of course Sophie spread my personal information to strangers. Haha, funny. Nonetheless, I nodded.

"Ok, then who do you think is more attractive? Carla, or Michael?" Freya asked. I swear I saw Carla bat her eyelashes at me. This could go one of three ways:
1. I say Michael is hotter and these two girls would get mad.
2. I say Carla and Michael gets mad.
3. I- nevermind, it was impossible to just run for it.

The other two stared at me with expectancy.

"Well, I-"

"Heyyy girls! I've got news!" Interrupted Sophie, materialising out of nowhere. She gave her hair a flick. "Yours' truly has just nabbed herself a spot in the school musical!"

My heart sank like a stone. Sophie? In our school's musical that only happened every four years? And I was 18. No redos. I hid the disappointment from showing on my face.

"Hey, now I could be around you more, Y/n! I could teach you how to be actually good at acting! And get you out the house more."

My only safe space.

Gone within seconds.

《▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎》

(A/n Fun fact: Sharks have two weanies. Don't ask me how I found out. 0-0 Thoughts on Sophie? I find her very cringe to write.)