4 - Wilby Scoot

I slumped into my tiny apartment of a home, scraping the mud off my shoes. The weather matched my feelings. My bag clung onto one shoulder as I walked pass my alcoholic mother, sprawled out on the couch with a beer can in one hand, TV remote in other.

I needed a hug. But since I couldn't have that, a nice, warm shower would suffice.

《▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎》

I fell into my cruddy 'gamechair' with a sigh. It creaked under my weight. A few flakes of leather fell to the ground. I groaned. One day, I'd buy myself the best gaming chair in existence. But for now, Wilbur Soot was live! My favourite mcyt, second only to Technoblade. (Fly high o7)

I joined right in the middle of him explaining what he'd do today.

"So chat, remember when I did that one thing with the thing with the portal to the DreamSMP as the prize?" Wilbur said, smiling (slightly sadistically but who's to judge?). "Well, haha! I'm doing it again! For real this time. Here's the server address! "He clapped his hands together. My heart fluttered. The DreamSMP? For real this time? If I did well, maybe...

No, I couldn't get my hopes up.

I sprang into action. Loading minecraft, I cracked my knuckles before typing in the address faster than ever before. Hey, it was a race against like, a thousand plus people, okay!

I was one of the first few to join the world. It seemed I was inside some kind of Collosseum-type building. Interesting. Was the challenge going to be pvp?

"Oh hey, I know you!" Wilbur said, his avatar flying in my direction. He did? "You've done one of these before, haven't you?" I shook my head. How did he know me? "Huh, maybe it's someone else, then." I was slightly disappointed that he didn't know me as a streamer and/or YouTuber, but you couldn't have everything, you know?

"Today's competetion is: power ladder. Each player will be sorted into groups of 5 and will fight 4 other groups until 4 people are left standing. They will team up then fight 3 other groups, and so on. BUT- groups will only get one of each item at a time. Meaning, one sword, one piece of armour, one steak, etc.

You can decide whether you choose to keep your team mates for the number advantages, or kill your teamates for your own power advantages. The way I see it, any way would work." Wilbur explained, his minecraft avatar zooming around above ours.

"Also, it's hardcore mode, so no redos. Got it, Tommy?"

"I DON'T NEED REDOS!" The familiar voice shrieked, his avatar popping into the server. This was a suprise.

"Sure, whatever you say, Tommy. Anyhow, I'm putting in a command to auto-sort you guys into teams."

All 100-ish players immediately teleported into random parts of the stadium-thingy, separated only by invisible barrier blocks. I was teleported into the smallest corner of the arena, meaning: no clout. What a shame. I looked to my team mates.

A blue dude, an e-girl, boy with lmanberg uniform, and a multi-coloured GeorgeNotFound.

I spammed the shift button. Oh, I was definitely going to kill them eventually, but it couldn't hurt being nice whilst pvp wasn't on yet. The group shifted back.

All of a sudden, a diamond sword appeared in my inventory. Nice, I had gotten lucky. Now I was probably the one on my team with the most power. We all presented our items to each other. Diamond leggings, one arrow, a shield, and one cooked mutton.

I mean, they weren't the worst things we could get. A shield could do wonders, and any armour I could get my hands on would be fantastic.

Pvp is now on.

The in-game chat read. The blue guy with the diamond leggings and the e-girl with the shield immediately attacked me. I guess I did have a target on my back because of my sword. Fortunately, they were amateurs. I had won tougher battles with worse items.

With no less than 9 hits, they were both out the game. Armour and shield for me. It was strangely lucky, which was weird considering the terrible day at school I had. I wasn't complaining though.

"Oh god, already a quarter of the people are gone, and I haven't even opened the barriers yet. Ha!" Wilbur laughed along with Tommy. "Okay, opening barriers...now!"

And chaos broke out.

It didn't even take 5 minutes for the top 4 from every fight was left standing. In the time I had managed to procure myself a leather helmet, two rotten flesh, a crossbow, and one arrow. The crossbow was already loaded for emergencies. I ran around the space to collect any of other loot lying around, finding a few more pieces of food, and another arrow. This would have to do.

《▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎》

(A/n Rewatching the Total Drama series whilst writing this. Wilbur sounded too much like Chris Mclean in my head.)