10 - Better

"Relax, it's like having a bunk bed!" I reassured, placing my bed a few blocks above Tommy's.

"It's so cold down here, and dust and rat shit is just- raining down on my face and I don't feel appreciated or-"

"I'm asserting my dominance over you."

"What? But I saved you!"

"I'm gonna be honest, Tommy, I think...you're just not helpful to me anymore. Sure, that one time you protected me was nice, but the only thing I need protecting from nowadays are...splinters."

"Splinters are just as dangerous!"

"Admit it, Tommy. You're becoming irrelevant."

"No!"

It had been about a week and a half since we started the minecraft world together. I had to admit, I thought it would have died out by now, but the fans seemed to love it, and I enjoyed spending time with Tommy. So the two of us had ended up streaming almost everyday together, for many hours at a time. Even games that weren't Minecraft. There were also quite a number of times Tommy called me randomly, just so that he had someone to talk to. It felt...like a friend.

I had started talking to the other members of the DreamSMP more frequently too, particularly Wilbur, Fundy, and Tubbo. Occasionally I'd check in with Dream, help grind for materials with Eret, or have wholesome moments with Nihachu, but I definitely spent more time with Tommy than anyone else. And I wasn't complaining. Streaming was something I looked forward to, rather than something I did if I was bored. School was so much more bearable with the thought of another hilarious stream idea in mind.

My Minecraft avatar raced past Tommy's, heading straight towards the massive tower I had built only a few streams prior with Tommy, under the pretence of 'making sure everyone knows we have big dick energy', but really because we didn't feel like doing anything else. But today I had a plan that would likely gain us a whole lotta clout.

"Ey! Where are you going?" Tommy shouted, even though we didn't have proximity chat on and I could hear him perfectly.

"I have a suprise for you!" I shouted back, hoping my volume made him wince. It was only fair. I ran behind a clump of trees, and to the designated spot that I had prepared earlier off stream. I had told Tommy vaguely what the suprise would be, but as far as he knew, I was just going to flirt with him.

"Why did you make us run so far for this? You know I'm not the dashing young man I used to be in my prime- oh?"

It was a quaint little picnic. I had taken the time to scroll around on Pinterest and the internet to create the most detailed, perfectly romantic lunch date Minecraft had to offer. Of course, I didn't actually harbour any feelings for Tommy irl, but my online persona, who was known for being stupid, and heartless, suddenly presented him with something like this, it was bound to get some attention.

"Tommy I want you to open up my stream."

"Alright..."

"Okay, chat...you may have been wondering, why hasn't Y/n turned her camera on? Well, this is why." I switched my face cam on to show 10k people how neatly I was dressed up in my tuxedo, and my arrangement of candles around my room.

foggedupdixiecup: HOLD THE **** UP

drenmwisnatfoud: PROPOSALWHAT

cathycreaming: I THOUGHT YOU WERE GAY

The chat sped by, and I could barely make out any of the comments. I grinned, staring at the camera. "Tommy, this is my formal proposal..."

"Y/n, I- don't know what to say!"

"Will you be my forever... submissive-omega-twink-anime-boy-toy?"

"...what."

"Is that a yes?"

"...you cannot be serious."

"You are the most compliant, yielding, malleable, acquiescent person I know. Tommy: you hold a special place in my heart, and I would like to do life and shit with you. Also you're pretty."

"I- yes?" Tommy sputtered.

"Perfect, have some beef jerky. I'm too stingy for premium meat. There's a good boooyyy." I said casually, dropping a piece of cooked meat in his direction. Tommy picked it up mournfully. "Anywhoo, I'm terribly busy, as you know, so enjoy the picnic. I hired a bunch of highly trained gibbons for this, just for you. Good day." And with that I sprinted away.

Gogomobile: is everyone else as shocked as I am

agnehldost: screaming, crying, heart broken

Yokalldine: f to all the y/ninnit shippers out here

Froggotonite: it was too good to be true

I think it was fair to say there would be multiple clips of this stream tonight circulating the internet. I finished up the stream a few moments later, and raided a random small-time streamer. Then I pulled up Tommy's  stream as he settled down to close his own up.

The sun was setting in the minecraft world, and Tommy had turned on shaders. The picnic definitely looked much more appealing like this.

gogywastakintoolong: poor child

juttinthebeat: at least she called you pretty and important?

Hatmadder: I dunno if y/n is hilarious, or just cruel

Donmarketer: women break hearts. Try men.

Tommy's chat was in such a state of pity that I actually almost felt sorry for the boy. The guy in question was currently saying his goodbyes, sorrowfully 'taking nibbles' of the jerky I gave him. Once it was over however, his sad demeanour completed flipped.

"Y/n, that was so godamn sad but also ingenious."

"Oh yeah, sorry about that- but I need the Y/n iconic moments clips."

"PAHAHA- yeah, yeah, true. To be honest I didn't really know what to expect from you. But you were right about the clout. Godamn check literally anything- oh my god, get on tiktok and search 'tommyinnit and y/n' right now."

I did. And the first video that popped up was the unedited, raw clip of the interaction, complete with the caption: 'For some reason this makes me want this ship to happen for Tommy's sake >_<.'  #tubbo #y/ninnit #tommygirlfriend

"Dude- it's been like three minutes since we've ended- how???"

Tommy nodded in agreement. We ended up chatting about my upcoming lore stream and random stuff until it was about time to go to bed.

"Hey Tommy?" I yawned, eyes blinking shut.

"Yeah?" Tommy's voice was croaky. I felt bad for keeping him up so late.

"...thankyou for everything."

"Huh? I mean, no problem. You're so funny I'm pretty sure you would have made it without me, anyways."

"But there's no denying I got here... so fast because of you, Wilbur, and Dream, so...thankyou. I owe you...big time..." I was so tired that I passed out, not even hearing Tommy's response.

《▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎》

A/n honestly if it were up to me, I'd ditch yn cos low-key toxic rn. But character development coming so....