5 - 33.3%

This was it, the final 3.

My palms were hot and sweaty and my eyes were fixated to the screen. I couldn't mess up now. I felt the racing of my heart in my throat. So. Damn. Close. I was amazed I had even made it this far, but I wasn't going to start celebrating now.

"So Tommy, final three, place your bets." Wilbur said, flying down from the sky for a closer look at the remaining players. Tommy trailed along behind him.

"Hmm..."

Wilbur had instructed the three of us to drop whatever items we had remaining, and then he gave us full iron armour, 1 golden apple, and a diamond sword each. Plus a crossbow and three arrows. It was hard to tell each other apart. We stood in a neat line, waiting for Tommy's judgement. I was stood at the very end.

"Nope," said Tommyinnit, skimming past the first person. I felt bad for them.

"WOMAN!" He exclaimed to the second one. He then neared me.

"..."

"What's wrong Tommy?"

Tommy's avatar slid closer to mine, to the point where the only thing I could see was his pixelated face.

"I REMEMBER YOU!" he shrieked suddenly, hitting me. "BEDWARS- FIRECHARGE-"

"Hah! So that's where I knew you from! Tommy's ultimate failure from bedwars yesterday!" chortled Wilbur, slapping his knee in hysterics.

I nodded ferociously. I could have died here right now and I wouldn't have anything to regret. Except maybe not winning. But these two were some of my biggest inspirations and they remembered me? A no-body? Only a pass to the DSMP could make this any better. And that was exactly what I was aiming to get.

Wilbur had shrunk the playing field to a small 10x10 square, outlining it with a wall of red wool, so there wasn't any avoiding others in this final match. Or escaping.

"On the count of three, you guys will battle for the final prize: a ticket into the DSMP! At least for a period of time. We haven't actually sorted out everything. I honestly just begged Dream to let me do this a couple hours ago," Wilbur announced, shrugging a little. That man really knew how to host a competition.

"ONE!"

Here goes.

"TWO!"

No backing out now.

"THREE"

I was going to win this.

I immediately started attacking the person to my right, (the 'woman') landing a few crits on them before they hit back in retaliation. A few seconds after the third person joined in, landing a few blows on my back before the woman and I teamed up against him. He was gone in seconds.

I ate my gapple, as I was on only two hearts, before running after the final player, who seemed to be retreating to the corner of the playing field. Wilbur was commentating loudly on the battle, and was Tommy shouting profanities, but I blocked them put of my mind. It was just me, and the one person standing in my way of the DreamSMP. Ultimate gamer concentration.

I loaded my crossbow. The player had to be low on health. I knew for a fact that they had already eaten their apple near the beginning of the battle, most likely out of panic once I had started attacking them, and that the third player had managed to land many attacks on them.

I lifted the crossbow up, ready to fire. My neck was damp with cold sweat.

...

It seemed like it was in slow motion.

The way the arrow soared through the air in a smooth arc, leaving behind a trail of pixels in its wake left me holding my breath in anticipation.

Would it land?

...

Ping!

...

That was the sound of my arrow hitting its mark, as the player exploded into a pile of items and XP on the ground.

No fucking way.

"Congratulations, Y/nOP! You just landed yourself A SPOT IN THE DREAMSMP!" whooped Wilbur, clapping his hands together. This seemed surreal.

I leaned back in my chair, staring wide-eyed at the screen. Tommy and Wilbur were throwing eggs at my character, zooming around around in circles.

"Hey, let's get 'em in a call."

I was soon sent a discord invite to: DreamSMP OFFICIAL, along with a friend notification from both Wilbur and Tommy. I accepted all, joining the vc that the two were sitting in. (On Wilbur's server.)

I was really doing this.

Oh my god, I was actually doing this.

There was no way I was going to mess this up. Gulping away my anxieties, I began to speak.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Y/n! How d'ya feel?" Wilbur chirped welcomingly. Tommy on the other hand, was not so pleasant.

"Out of one hundred other fuckers it had to be you, didn' it? I'll be humilaited for life. Did you know there are clips of my defeat from yesterday? THERE ARE CLIPS!"

"Hey, don't call my followers fuckers, Tommy-"

"I call them WHATEVER I WANT WILBUR, because this little- this little bitch just trampled all over my self-esteem! Wilbur, it's fragile, my self-esteem is, Wilbur!"

"Too bad, because this little bitch just earned herself a spot in the DreamSMP." I retorted, crossing my arms and smirking. I knew he couldn't see it, but I was sure he could hear it.

"That is true Tommy, you'll have to put up with her until her time on the smp expires," agreed Wilbur.

He then muted, presumably to end his stream, which left Tommy and I in silence. An uncomfortable silence I wanted to break.

"Pussy."

...

Tommy burst out laughing. Was his sense of humour really that basic? Whatever his humour was like, it didn't matter, because his laugh was contagious, and I couldn't help but start laughing too. I don't think it was even about the word 'pussy', I think it was because of the way I said it, or maybe why I said it? Who even cared.

Wilbur came back a minute later, when we were still shaking off the last of the giggles.

"Wilbur, this lady: comedy gold." Tommy stated, and we both started cackling again.

I ended up staying on call with the two for a couple hours longer, just to sort some contact information, and to schedule the perfect time for me to check the smp out.

《▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎》

(A/n we be expert gaming. Also please vote. It will make me happy. :) Thoughts on that one time Tommy had a beard?)