Chapter 3

{Scar's POV}

Grian looked at the tables and I could see fear flood his body as he did so. The desks sat four people and he must not be such a fan of the idea. He'd have to sit with at least two people he's never met before so I couldn't really blame him. Especially because of how socially repulsed he seems to be. He looked around in slight panic but then his eyes met mine and he seemed to calm down a bit. I grabbed his hand and led us to the table in the back where two people were already sitting.

"Ren, Doc, this is Grian! He's new here." I said as I sat on one of the chairs opposite of the two.

Grian sat on the chair beside me and nervously scooted closer. Doc gave me the same teasing look Mr. Ronergo gave me earlier when Grian took the sticky notes. I struggled to keep the blush off my cheeks and gave Doc a disapproving look. He snickered slightly and nudged Ren, who was inspecting Grian intently.

"Hello, Grian." Ren spoke, still transfixed by Grian.

"Dude, could you be any ruder?" Doc said, nudging Ren a little more aggressively this time.

"Shut up! He won't talk to me." Ren answered quickly as he kept staring at Grian, who seemed to be getting a little uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I wouldn't talk to you either." Doc rolled his eyes and Ren finally took his attention away from Grian.

Ren started poking Doc, who tickled him in return.

"Don't mind them, they're a little foolish sometimes." I whispered to Grian who had confusion splattered across his whole face.

"I-I can see that." He whispered back with nervous laughter.

"Anyways," Doc started, fixing up his clothes. "Hey Grian, welcome to our school, I hope you like it here." He smiled at Grian, who smiled back in response.

"Not very talkative?" Doc questioned, although he was fairly confident he knew the answer.

Grian shook his head.

"Thought so, well, that's not a problem! My name is Doc, and this is Ren." He motioned to Ren and Ren rolled his eyes.

"He can be a dick at times, don't worry, it's nothing personal." Doc said as he nudged Ren quite harshly, perhaps trying to get him to be a little nicer.

"I am not a dick!" Ren defended with a slight frustration.

"I mean, you kind of are." I chimed in shyly.

"Okay fine! Ren diggity diggity dog is a dick, there, I said it!" He rolled his eyes as he spoke.

Ren and Doc started bickering about god knows what immediately after Ren finished speaking. It wasn't unusual, they always fought and teased each other for the stupidest things. I was always convinced they had a thing for each other, Ren wasn't a very touchy person at all but when it came to Doc boy was that a different story. They would always mess around and do couple-like things to each other like pet names, a kiss on the cheek, and so much more. Not all of it was appropriate either, despite their young age. I guess that applies to Ren a bit more than to Doc though. Doc's supposed to be in grade 10 but he failed grade 9 really bad so they're making him re do it. He's 15 and about to be 16, while Ren is 14.

I turned to look at Grian, but he was turned around on his seat and looking at the front of the class. I did the same and realized that class started while Ren and Doc were arguing. I smiled while I looked at him because I admired him for always paying attention to class, no matter how boring it is. Or at least from what I've seen he's always paying attention to class. I don't have that sort of patience though, I usually just doodle in my drawing binder.