Chapter 11

Alright hello hello I'll add this as a trigger because when in doubt, put it. So, Possible TW: topics surrounding adult/minor relationship(19/15)

{ ??? }

"Tango no," I uttered with a sigh, "not again."

"Yes, yes again!" He started with a frustrated voice.

"What is this about?!!" He shouted and pulled out his phone to our messages before he bit his lip shyly, "Sorry for yelling."

"I thought it was pretty self explanatory." I shrugged it off nonchalantly.

He attacked my waist with a tight hug, "No." He said quietly as he shook his head.

"Don't leave me, please." Tango mumbled as he dug his face in my chest.

"Tango, you know that I can't do this with you," I sighed sadly, "even if I want to so bad." I added quietly.

"What's the problem then?" He whined as he looked up at me and a tear fell from his eye.

"You know what it is." I slowly shook my head with melancholy.

"I turn sixteen in seven months!" He defended desperately.

"And four months after that, I turn twenty. Either way, it's eighteen, and it doesn't feel right." I remarked as I fought the urge within me to hold him and comfort him.

"But, it's sixteen in most states! And other countries too! It's not even illegal if we don't do, well, you know!!" He whined loudly as he held me tighter, perhaps trying to hurt me.

"Keep your voice down, Tango, someone might hear you." I stated nervously, "That's not even why it feels wrong anyways." I added calmly.

"Then what is it? Why does it feel so wrong for you?" He asked desperatly with a helpless voice that made my heart melt, but I knew I couldn't afford to let it get to me.

"Tango─" I paused to think of a better way to say this but found none "─you feel like a child to me, figuratively and literally." 

"W.. What? It's only three years! We only have three years of difference how the hell does that make me a child?!" He shouted angrily and I could tell this subject wasn't one of his favourites.

"First up, it's three years and two thirds, and Tango, I know you might not want to hear this, but you act like a child all the time. Normally that wouldn't bother me, I think it's quite adorable actually, but in this situation it makes me feel uncomfortable. I feel like I'm taking advantage of you every time we're together like that, even though it's not my intention and I'd never ever try to make you do anything you didn't want to. I feel as though I'm being irresponsible by being with you." I sighed deeply, feeling tears threathen to spill. 

I was never good at these kinds of things.

"When I'm with you in a romantic way, not even sexual, I feel as though I'm doing something wrong. It feels taboo even if on a legal level it's okay. But, for the most part, I'm just scared. I'm scared that in five years you're going to wake up and look back on us and realize it's the worst mistake you've ever done. I'm scared that even if you promise not to you're going to feel pressure to do things you may not want to please me. Even if I don't make a move on you. Even if we're not in the same room. I'm scared that you're going to be scared that you're not doing enough for me and cross lines you don't want to so you feel like you satisfy me or something." I wiped his watery eyes with my sleeve before I continued.