Chapter 10

Hello hello, stay safe lovelies, trigger warning for overthinking/overwhelmed leading to a panic/anxiety attack.

{ Grian's POV }

"Griaaaaaan!! Grian! Grian Grian Griiiiiiiiiaan!??" I heard coming in at quick speeds from behind me. "Grian?" Scar said as he brought his face in front of mine. I knew he was there and I could hear and see him, but it was like my brain was stuck in a trance and there wasn't much I could do.

"Uhh, Earth to Grian?"

"Grian?"

"Hello?"

"Hello from the other siiiiiide!! I must've called a thousand timesssss!"

"Grian? Are you alright?"

"Class starts in, like, five minutes."

"Grian?"

"I got you a present."

"Present?! Where!?" I snapped out of my trance instantly as stared directly at the teddy bear in his hands.

"Well, here. I got it for you during lunchtime, I thought you'd like it." Scar said as he handed me the adorable light brown teddy bear. Its belly was a slightly lighter shade of brown and it had a little red bow tied around its neck.

"I-it's so cute! I'm gonna name it.. hmm.. Teddie!" I said as I smiled widely and lifted Teddie up high in the air.

"Teddie the Teddy Bear, amazing!" Scar said as he giggled beside me. "What was all that about earlier though?" He asked as he mimicked the expressionless look I must've had when I was completely out of it.

"N-not sure. I was fully aware of it and my surroundings, too, it was really weird." I stated as I tried to recall what had caused me to go into that trance in the first place.

"I-I saw two guys sneak into a janitor's closet," I started as I though back to what happened before my little phase. "A-and then I spent too much time thinking about what they could possibly be doing in that closet." I continued as the image of the the blonde looking around him before pulling the other into that small room with him replayed in my mind.

"I-I think I thought about it too much and then I just slowly slipped into thinking mode." I finished off hastily as I shot a sweet smile at Scar. "T-thanks for the gift, by the way, I love it!" I rushed to give him a big hug as I said that and he seemed to be taken aback slightly but he hugged me back regardless.

"You're welcome," He started with a slight chuckle and I let go of him. "Out of curiosity, who were the two guys?" He questioned inquisitively.

"N-not sure, some short blonde, like me, but yellower hair. Don't remember much about the other guy." I shrugged as I stood up, getting ready to go to class as it was going to start very soon.

"Hmm, interesting." Scar said as he followed me.

"Hey, wait, where's Mumbo?" He quickly added as we started walking.

"H-he went to go find his friend as soon as we came back to school." I stated with a slightly huff, showing that I wasn't exactly happy with the idea.