Introduction

Hi! If you've randomly landed on this book then here's a little disclaimer, this is a sequel to my other book Secrets, Struggles, & Soulmates. I highly recommend you read that book first because you lose a bit of the effect if not, but it is not necessary so you can read this one and skip the first if you wish.

And for those who are coming from SSS, welcome back! Glad to see you and happy to see that you liked SSS enough to come back for more with DDD. A few little things will be different here though and I feel I should mention them because they may make this book not a good fit for you.

First things first, angst. This book will have a significantly higher level of angst but it won't be as present in the first few chapters as those are when you initially get a feel for how everyone looks and acts in this life. (Important note: Characters can slightly or drastically change appearance. ie. Old man Cub - Young Cub, Grian's sapphire eyes - Grian's baby blue eyes)

Next up, perspectives. SSS was very Scarian centric which is normal for a Scarian story but the only other meaningful pov was Tango's. In DDD that's very different, you'll get lots of different perspectives and follow everyone's story all at once. Again, this is more appearant after the first few chapters. You should be able to tell when the story stops being introduced and starts being told, it'll most likely be quite a big change.

Another major change would be the topics covered in this story. I'll put the main ones here and if I forgot any I'll put them at the beginning of the chapter. If any chapter contains one of these triggers I'll put a 'Sensitive Content Warning' at the beginning of it to let you know that there will be one of the triggers listen below in this chapter and to read with caution.

Homophobia (no slurs), Transphobia (possibility of a slur), Underage and Of Age Drinking/Smoking, Transvestism, Child Abuse (very slightly)

Additional info if you did not know, I'll try to publish a chapter of DDD every Wednesday and sometimes Sundays as well but as of writing this(Oct. 25) I move in 5 days and may not be able to publish anything because I will be on the road. However, I'm going to land at motels for the night and will try to publish chapters at that moment, or in the mornings. If I don't manage to publish a Wednesday I'll publish the chapter as soon as I can, thanks for your understanding.

A little more to finish up the additional info part of this, you'll find out quite quickly that Grian heavily stutters in this book and to not make your reading experience unpleasant you'll only see the traditional s-stutter at the beginning of his sentence, although the actual stutter carries through his whole sentence. If he has no stutter at the beginning, he's not stuttering at all.

Thank you for reading through all of this and I hope you'll enjoy the book! Bbai lovelies <3

Alr I forgot to do the thing with the cover so this isn't sticking around, just an old picrew I did of what Grian(kinda) looks like in this story, also I was bored, and I can't change it to my go to placeholder image because ppl think it's weird and probably wouldn't even give the book a chance if they saw it :') (it's two earthworms forming a heart on a white background)

I don't remember if I wrote this or not, but the first couple of chapters will be more introductive to the story and kind of set the mood, nothing really big happens, but they will. Also I don't think there'll be a chapter Sunday because I've still got two days on the road and I don't write on the road because I'm too distracted.