Convenient

CONVENIENT
⠀⎯♡ Sliding your baby blue sneakers on, you grab the keys and bid your mom goodbye before sliding out of the front door. You quickly hug your jacket around your body more as it becomes quickly apparent how cold it is. You can see your breaths lingering in the air as you continue walking.

Both you and your mom are pretty hungry, and she isn't in the best mood to be in the kitchen so you decide to go buy the both of you some snacks.

The walk isn't that far and you have your phone to distract you, but something is bothering you.

It feels like you are being watched.

You want to tell yourself that you are overreacting, but you can't shake off the feeling. So you decide to up your walk to a quick jog, but you are stopped by someone pulling on your shoulder.

"W-Wait, Y/n!" You stop your resistance as you recognize that sweet voice.

"H/n?! What are you doing here?" You gasp in surprise. You happen to remember his house isn't that close to yours, so what is he doing all the way out here? And it just happens to be at the same time as you?

H/n laughs nervously and scratches his head trying to hide his blatantly anxious face. "Uh, I was just walking around, didn't know you'd be here," he laughs it off once again.

You try to ask him another question as this is a bit weird, but he suddenly grasps your hand pulling you to the entrance of the store. "Let me buy you something!" He offers with a content smile.

"Uh, I was just going to grab something for me and my mom," you try declining but he urges you insisting you bring something for her after you guys are done.

In the end, you agree to his offer. You go to get the snacks, while he warms up the food.

You guys settle in a free table and set everything down. Opening the warm flap of your noodle cup, you peel it back letting the steam rise.

You guys continue to eat in comfortable silence until you notice something on his jacket, a stain.

He notices your continuous stare and tilts his head, "What are you looking at Y/n?"

You curiously point to the odd spot on his jacket, "That stain." H/n chuckles nervously before quickly going silent.

All of a sudden he fastly stands up with a wide grin, "I will walk you home!"

You aren't sure what is going on so you quickly agree, "Okay."

You both quickly exit and make small talk as you near your house. You imagine how far back his walk is going to be so you quickly halt, "You can stop here, but thank you for tonight, I had fun."

"Are you sure?" He asks with an odd look on his face.

"Yep, bye!" You nod enthusiastically, before pecking him on the cheek as a parting gift. He returns the gesture by softly kissing your forehead.

You calmly start your walk back home as the plastic bag swishes around on your arm.