Peaceful

PEACEFUL
⠀⎯♡ Your widened pupils danced at the sight of patterned blood stains on your shaky hands.

Your murderous lover thumped against the basement floor so the velvet liquid seeped through the wound. He could feel the hatred, the intense obsession, the cloudy feelings slip from him as he reached out to you. Hoping you'd give him one last chance to prove his love and claim you once and for all.

But Florian rushed your stagnant body up the creaky stairs with the last of his fleeting energy. If only he could make it to the door, to the help that waited for you both in the cold of night.

Alas, you had stumbled out both of you ready to collapse at any given moment.

Thankfully, the call to the station wasn't in vain as they arrived fastly. As if on cue; ready to relieve you both. To give you the rest you so rightfully earned.

Florian rushed to the team of doctors to receive treatment and you were given a blanket before they requested your recollection of the event.

Since then time has flown by.

Florian's surgery was a success and he is taking his time with the mental and physical recovery.

While you are pacing yourself to overcome the painful betrayal.

Chelsea was given the proper burial with her body where it can peacefully rest. Under smooth granite, with her name etched in, a final present to the fallen young girl.

But that doesn't mean she will be forgotten. Your footsteps echo through the empty sunlit cemetery as you approach her resting place.

A quivering smile fixes your face as you gently set yourself down on the growing grass. You place the bouquet of fresh florals upon her gravestone before hugging yourself and listening to the chatty winds around you.

"I hope this pleases you enough, I hope you forgive me. If only I had listened to you, then none of this would have happened to you. You'd still be with me, with Florian. Your mom... she was so broken at the funeral. I promise to take care of her because I know you would do the same for me. I love you so much, I promise to never forget you. Chelsea, I miss you so much," the sorrowful speech leaves your broken self. As you finally accept she won't be coming back. But you know where she is... right in your heart.

"Y/n!" You hear Florian beckon for you. You leave a fleeting kiss on her gravestone as you rush back to the vehicle. You climb in as you lock eyes with your savior.

"Listen... Florian I never got a chance to properly thank you," you start your speech but you are quickly interrupted by the male.

"Don't mention it, I did what I came to do. And I'm glad I got to save you along the way," he briefly speaks before driving off from the vast cemetery.

You close your eyes feeling a sense of peace wash over you.

Great friends to lean on and a new mindset thanks to your manipulative dead lover.

But never mind that, here you are a survivor.