Chapter 10

Aether could feel his heart shatter at the words that came out of my mouth. My own becoming extremely dry.

"W-what? Why? Is it me? I-"

I waved my hands in the air in front of me frantically.

"No! No! It's just a friend I had before I came here that I have that I can't afford to lose lives here. That means if I'm gonna be in the band, then I would have to travel."

Aether, understanding the situation, starts bargaining.

"I can get Copia to add her to the band? Or-r I can get him to pay for tickets for her to come with us? I-"

Shaking my head I frowned. My eyes becoming gloomy.

"I can ask her if she can come with us though. Her parents are strict.. so it's a very slim chance Im sorry."

He stared at me with a sad expression. His eyes glistened due to the sunlight or maybe tears.

"I'll miss you.."

He hugged me and burried his face into my shoulder.

We stayed in that position, occasionally swaying back and forth.

He had just met me yesterday and yet it had felt like we had known each other since birth.

We whispered small nothings to each other until I felt a buzz on my thigh.

I slowly unclasped from him and looked him in the eyes one last time before pulling out my phone. He stared at me as I clicked on the notification that led me to messages. I occasionally took a glimpse at him from above my phone screen.

 I occasionally took a glimpse at him from above my phone screen

Kasey🥰🫰🏻

Are you dead?
Text me back hoe
Please
Im gonna cry if you don't
Hello? Read 8:12am

OMG IM SO SORRY
MY PHONE RAN
OUT OF BATTERY
CAN WE CALL?
Read 9:36am

YES PLEASE

I smiled at my phone and clicked on the phone icon. A ringtone sounded out in the small room.

Aethers ears perking up at the sound.

The call was Immediately accepted and I was met with Kaseys face, who looked like she was in a hotel of some sort.

Before she could say anything I put a finger to my lip on my mask and started texting her with the call minimized to a small screen on the side of my screen.

Texting her saying,

Kasey🥰🫰🏻

Please
Im gonna cry if you don't
Hello? Read 8:12am