Chapter 15

His voice seemed to get higher pitched at the end of his sentence as he slightly fumbled to get the idea out of his mouth. His right leg shook up and down in anxiousness.

I stared at him, considering the possibilities, I mean what could go wrong? I hummed and nodded my head in agreement as everyone just stared at us in confusion.

I blushed, which was a reaction I was getting tired of now, as I nodded.

"Alright.. yeah that works."

I patted his head as he leaned more against my shoulder. I looked over his shoulder to see Mountain looking fixedly at my hand as I stroked Rain's head with jealousy clouding his eyes.

I didn't have anything against him at the moment, I lov- Oh Huh. Love. What a strong word? Do I really love him? Do I love any of them actually? It's hard to say. But he just wasn't the favourite right now.

The circle we currently had wasn't quite perfect but it was something. I was sitting on the farthest side of the circle near the couch, while Rain sat directly next to me on my right. On my other side sat Kasey with Cumulus next to her. Infront of me and next to Cumulus was Cirrus. With Mountain sat in the middle of both Rain and Cirrus.

The tray in front of us is mostly empty with the remains of half full glass cups of water and leftover fruits.

I covered my mouth as I yawned.

I went to pull out my phone, only to grab hold of a different phone.

Totally forgetting I had Kaseys phone, I glanced between her and the phone.

The blank screen quickly turned on with a touch and reflected a bright screen that showed the time. 8:30 PM. Which was very late but not late enough to sleep quite yet.

Which meant I still had time for some fun.

Deciding whether to try and attempt to get her Face ID, password or I should just give it back.

But what's the excitement in that? I'm not boring like that-

Putting back the phone in its original place in my pocket, I announced my plan.

"Who wants to play a game of good ol' Truth or Dare?"

I grinned under my mask as everyone divided their attention to me. Well, more like everyone except Mountain who still had his eyes locked on my hand that was long ago withdrawn away from the other Ghoul.

Multiple answers coursed throughout the room. Both positive and negative.

"Is this a.. responsible choice?"

Cumulus sweat dropped as she looked around at all the mischievous looks on everyone's faces.

"Hell yeah!"

Kasey fist bumped in the air as she smirked, her eyes closing shut in the process.

"This is so gonna be chaotic, but fun nonetheless Haha!"

Cirrus laughed as she imagined all the things that could possibly happen. Possibly including leaving friendships ended and ruined.

"Dontcha think bud?"

Cirrus hung her left arm around Mountains neck playfully as he stared off into space. His body bounced back from the recoil, but he didn't respond as he just stared in my direction.

"Hey-lo?"

Cirrus waved a hand in front of his face as he broke out of his trance and whipped his head back to face her direction.

"Huh? Yeah- yeah sorry uhm what'd you say? I didn't quite catch that."

His right hand flew to the back of his neck on instinct and habit. Cirrus huffed and nudged his side with her elbow.