Easy A

"He's just being a big ass crybaby, Reese. He'll get over it." Brianna said, following a loud sigh. I frowned, stirring my coffee with one hand, holding my head up with the other. Brianna had found me as soon as I stepped foot in the school, asking for my side of the disagreement I had with her brother, but I'd had a whole story of my own to tell her.

After Bryan had taken off, Andy and Liam just so happened to be making their way out of the building. Andy, being the nice guy he was, stopped while his friend continued on to his car. Once realization that Andrew wasn't beside him hit, Liam stopped and casted a glance back at his friend, then followed his gaze to me on the curb. For a fraction of a second I could swear on everything Holy that there was a flicker of regret in his eyes, but it was gone as quickly as it'd appeared. After a little bit of prompting, Andy was able to convince me to hop in his Jeep and allow him to give me a ride home. I knew, without a doubt, if Liam had been the one driving, I would have remained seated on that curb until I gathered enough energy to make the hour and a half walk home. The car ride had been full of tension and sly glares out of Liam, who was clearly very annoyed with his best friend's kind act. Maybe it was because he was having to face the repercussions of his screwed-up actions for once.

"You're serious?" Brianna nearly passed out when I told her what happened. "Of course Andy did that, he's such a sweetheart."

After his genuine act of kindness, he'd definitely leveled up in my book. He was finally worthy of my gorgeous friend.

As I snuck a look in the direction of the Jock's table, I immediately locked eyes with Liam. He was sitting halfway off the bench seat, his usual lady-killer smile replaced with a grimace. But his eyes, those piercing eyes, were unreadable.

"I hope you guys make up by Homecoming this weekend." Brianna droned on, clearly wanting to release all the pent up aggression she had for Bryan before she had to face him again next period. "There is no way we're all going together with you two like this. I am not going to be a bone in a tug-a-war match, thank you."

"You're right about one thing." I said, looking back to my coffee for a second. "We're not going together, because you're going with Andy."

She busted out laughing, but it died quickly when she realized I was serious. "No way, Reese."

"Yes way." I smiled and stood, shoving my untouched tray into the trash and sipping at my coffee as I crossed the room to the jock's table. Liam immediately tensed, but everyone else greeted me with a curious look or weary smile.

"Hey, Reese." Andrew smiled, and being this close to him, I could see why so many girls fell for his looks and charm. He was handsome in a very boy-next-door kind of way. The genuine, perfect toothed grins, bright green eyes, and rust colored hair, they all shaped him into that one guy our mama's pray we end up with. "You need something?"

"I actually wanted to talk to you." I lowered my coffee cup and tilted it toward him. "Just for a second."

He shot Liam a quick look, eyebrows raised, then pushed himself up from the table and approached me. "What's up?"

"I know you like Bri." I gestured with my thumb over my shoulder. "And she likes you too. I was hoping you could make her Junior year just a little bit brighter by asking her to Homecoming."

He looked taken back by my words. "Wait, she likes me?"

"Definitely."

"I don't know, Reese. I mean, she's pretty cute and sweet, but her brother will string me up by my feet and torture me."