Crocodile Tears

"Reese, you're about to spill coffee all over yourself!"

Brianna was too late; I could already feel the hot liquid seeping into my white Hamilton shirt and begin to sear into my skin.

"Ouch!" I gasped, pinching the fabric between my fingers and pulling it away from my chest. "Crap! Ow!"

This wasn't the first time my coffee was too impatient to wait to go into my mouth, it just happened to be the first time it'd happened wearing a white hirt in the middle of the cafeteria.

"Here." Bryan stood and pulled his shirt over his head in a quick, graceful movement before holding it out to me. He was left in a white tank top that contrasted his brown skin, his eyes roaming my face worriedly. Bryan knew me well enough to not have to ask why I was dozing, but thankfully didn't go any further than taking a handful of napkins and wiping what was visible on my neck. "You okay?"

"Yeah." I answered, hugging his shirt against my chest. "Just scared me is all. Wasn't crazy hot."

His eyes flickered from me to something over my shoulder. My curiosity got the best of me and I followed his gaze to find the jock table, and half the cafeteria, had stopped their conversation to turn and watch the scene I'd caused. Brianna offered a weak smile as she stretched her hand across the table to squeeze my hand. "Do you need company?"

She was referring to my wonderful trek out of the lunch room. I shook my head, swinging my bag over my shoulder with one hand and clutching Bryan's shirt against my coffee stained shirt with the other. She and Bryan nodded and joined in with my audience as I bowed my head in embarrassment and hurried for the door. Once I was in the security of the hallway, I lowered Bryan's shirt and headed for the closest girls bathroom. Once I was in I nearly tore my shirt from my body and splashed water against my bare chest, leaving stray water drops on my pink bra. The door clicked behind me, and a second later Nicola Hamil and Shay Rodriguez appeared behind me.

I'd never had a problem with either girl, they were friendly enough. I had, however, heard enough from the girls around school about Nicola to know she was someone I wouldn't want to have any sort of confrontation with. Shay was sweet, as cheer Captain and head of student council, it was her duty to put on a sweet smile and use her beauty to her advantage.

As I straightened, I couldn't help but compare myself to the girls standing behind me. Nicola was absolutely stunning. She was tall, closer to Liam's height, with legs so long and beautifully toned that she showcased them on the daily in her short skirts. Even with a tight black crop top on, I knew that her breasts were probably double the size of mine too. She wore so much makeup that in certain spots, like around her bottom lip and eyes that it had started to get cakey.

Shay, Shay had that natural beauty that stopped makeup artists dead in their tracks to try and achieve the look. The fact that she had the perfect hourglass figure and smile didn't hurt either.

Then there was me. Sure, I was pretty in a girl-next-door Taylor Swift song kind of way. My hair was cascading in loose waves around my bare shoulders, my blue eyes staring back at me in the mirror with a shocked expression.

"Are you okay?" Shay finally broke the silence, closing the distance between us. She rested a hand on my shoulder and tuned me so I was facing her. "That's a pretty nasty burn."

I forced a smile, feeling Nicola's eyes burning into the back of my head. "Yeah. I'm good though, thanks for the concern.'

"Andy sent us in here after you." Nicola mumbled. "He wanted to make sure you were okay."