{Play One} Get Your Head In The Game

It's a hundred percent possible blackmailing the bad boy wasn't a good idea.

    Liam wasn't exactly known for being someone that followed the rules. He lived on an adrenaline kick; whether it was through football or drag racing, he found his fix. 

    Somehow, I'd managed to convince myself that none of his personal life mattered when it came to our project and my conditions. He'd follow them and I'd take on most of the work. Everything would work out fine and we'd get through the rest of this semester without a hassle. 

    My thoughts were shot down in cold blood when I set the notebook I'd started with the first set of my conditions before Liam the next morning. 

    "'Be nice for a week?' What kind of ridiculous shit is this?" he snorted. "I am a nice person, Reese." 

    I leaned forward, my elbows pressing into the table. "Yeah? Do you want to tell that to the overweight girl you told to kill herself yesterday? Or maybe Dre, who he continuously called a fagot all of last year? How about that-"

    "Whatever." Liam interrupted me, pushing my notebook aside with a shake of his head. "This is stupid."

    "If you think this is bad," I made a gesture toward the little written on the first couple pages. "then you might as well start writing and researching now. This isn't even the half of it." 

    An amused look lit Liam's eyes. "Are you blackmailing me, Taylor?" 

    "Look, Liam, I'm not asking for your first born child here. If you think it's so ridiculous and stupid, why don't you just do it to show how above it you are?" 

    He leaned back in his chair until it started to lift from the floor and balance itself on two legs. It was easy to assume turning down challenges wasn't Liam's strong suit. 

    "Fine. If something this dumb will get you to do the work, then I'll do it." he eventually responded. 

    Rather than allow my shock to show, I nodded curtly and began to tune myself back into Mr. Herring's lesson. 

    Despite my desperate attempt to pay attention the rest of class, I found my mind drifting. 

    Liam had agreed to my first condition, craving the challenge that'd fallen from my tongue without much thought. If he could get through this week without any faults in his action, it would prove how serious he was about this entire thing. It would also provide more room for me to play around a little with his head. 

    Liam was in the palm of my hand and it was beyond my control at this point whether he slipped through my fingers or not. 

                           *

    "Say it again and I'll punch you in the throat." the threat broke through my train of thought so suddenly I dumped my books off my lap and on to my best friend's head. Bryan jerked forward, muttering bitterly under his breath. 

    Brianna Waters sat with her legs crossed on the recliner across the room, amused by the pain inflicted on her twin. Her threat still lingered heavily in the air between the two of them, and I knew from experience she wasn't going to let it go. 

    "You are-" Bryan started, but I slapped a hand over his mouth before he could get any further. Brianna and I exchanged a smile before my eyes darted back toward the boy at my feet. 

    "I'm serious guys, what am I supposed to do?" I dangled the notebook over Bryan's head to emphasize the matter at hand.

    Brianna leaned forward, brushing her thick, straightened black hair out of her eyes. "You literally have Liam Scott under your control right now, Reese. A better question is what can't you do?"