chapter 16 < rite of decension

He sat up still confused.. What just happened? Why did the geo Archon do that? He thought. He looked at his hand as he looked outside the window, he looked at zhongli walking away. He got up and ran down to catch up with Zhongli, barefooted.

"Mora- Xiangsheng!" He said yelling while stopping and catching his breath.

The brunette turned to look at the ginger, his expression suddenly turned into a rock stone expression. "What is it?"

He slowly walked towards The man, but then suddenly tripped. But when he got up Zhongli was no where to be seen, he sighed and brushed off the dust and dirt off of him and looked at some bruises on his elbow.

"That damn bastard, I'll get him back later." He said stomping off back to the residence. He looked at his foot that was also bruised because of the rocks. He quickly bandaged up and got ready to Attend the rite of Decension, while wondering around he saw a blonde Female within the crowd with a floating companion.

Childe POV:

"So that's the traveller that saved mondstat? What an honor to meet her here." I said to myself, then I looked back to the front as the rite was about to start but then the sky turned into a golden brown Color and then suddenly Morax's dragon form Fell out of the sky?!
What's happening?!

After they confirmed that it was morax's Corpse they started to investigate every single person present in the Scene of the crime. But I saw the traveller run through the crowd escaping but of course the mililieth would see her. So I decided to give her a Hand.

(Basically what happened in the archon quest, let's skip to the part where Childe gave the traveller a sigil to give to the adepti)

After the traveller left the ginger started to wander randomly in search of zhongli because he doesn't believe that such a powerful god would've been that easy to kill. But nightfall came and it started to rain, while walking to a near by hotel he suddenly felt someone placing a cloak on his shoulder and it was zhongli.

"W-what the hell? I thought you were dea-"

He placed a finger on his mouth and dragged the ginger to a nearby building to shelter from the rain.

"So mind telling me what the hell happened in the rite of decension?" He said while crossing his arms.

"I faked my death, I have a very reasonable reason." He said while looking around.

"And what the hell is that reasonable reason? I didn't know Morax could be that dumb." He said narrowing his eyes.

"I am not dumb, for someone Who has lived for 6 thousand years old don't you think I would be more Wiser? Don't assume that I would act harshly without a good enough reason"

"Yeah whatever and.." The ginger took the male's collar and made him face him.
The brunette was too stunned to speak for a moment.

"What the hell is this?" He said while waving his hand right in front of his face.

"What do you mean, what is that? " he said trying to pretend to not see the geo mark.

"Ahem. He took a small pocket knife from his thigh and was about to stab his hand but the the brunette stopped him holding his wrist and placing it on top of the gingers head.

" I'm about to show you something!" He said taking the pocket knife again and stabbing his hand with it.
"Ahhh.. Sh!t.. " he said while looking at his bleeding hand.

"You idiot." The male spoke, then took the gingers hand and caressed it Softly as the geo mark Glowed and then stopped the bleeding completely.

"YEAH! THAT! DID YOU SEE THAT?! THAT'S THE THING I WAS TELLING YOU ABOUT!" The ginger erupted with Yelling.

"And also, you kissed my hand for some reason." The dull sapphire eyes looked straight to the vibrant amber eyes.

Zhongli just stood there locking eye contact with the younger one.

"Aren't you at least gonna answer me?" He scoffed.

The brunette then walked off in the rain to avoid the ginger.

"You're hopeless." The ginger said running after the man then draping the coat that the brunette gave him, on them while they ran through the rainy streets of the harbor.

"Your residence is so far old man!" The ginger complained and then pointed at the hotel behind them. "Let's stay here for a while!" He said grabbing the man's hand and dragging him to the hotel.

"Are you sure you want to stay here?"

"Yeah" he said taking off the coat and going in still dragging the older one.

- after getting a Room -

There was only one room available Tight now due to people who visited from other nations to see the rite of decension.
After walking in the room, they realized that it was only.. One bed...

"... You're sleeping on the ground today"

"Okay then, it's for the best to avoid Complications"

After settling in they needed to change clothes because they were drenched! Since they had no extra Clothes they had to improvise, and the rain wasnt stopping anytime sooner.

Childe took his coat off and placed it on a chair to dry off, and also took off his pants but luckily he was wearing shorts that didn't seem to be wet. after taking off his coat it revealed a pale red shirt under some harnesses. Zhongli was looking at childe while he was taking off the straps wrapped around his chest. Zhongli didn't look directly but he looked at childe by Looking towards the mirror.

After childe Finished taking off the harnesses on his thigh and Chest he can finally be able to rest on the bed.

Zhongli quietly chuckled at Him while taking off the pale orange vest above a white shirt under, he then rolled up his sleeves and took off his gloves to reveal his golden black hands.

"Woah!" The ginger wailed in excitement for he had never seen such extravagant hands before! (What a great necklace right? 🤭)

The elder one then just turned away to take off his necktie and then took of his shoes and say on the Couch and then took a book from the shelf and then started to read.

"Rude." The younger one said while glaring at him then childe layed down for a while pretending to be asleep,
Then zhongli looked at childe. "I wonder if you knew the truth, will you stop me or will you not? "

"truth? What truth? " childe asked himself. Then he was surprised when zhongli took his hand again, and then entangled his with the younger ones.

"I hope one day I would get to hand your hand again, just like this. Once again"

" Once again? "