(6)

Deep breaths. I can see the dining room.

I may or may not be hiding behind a wall.

Ok this is pathetic. They are the avengers, it's not like they are bad guys. I'm over reacting.

Ok there is an empty seat in between Mr. Stark and Peter. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's my seat. Ms. Pots is on the opposite side of Mr. Stark.

Ok I can do this. I know Mr. Stark. And he and Peter won't let anything happen, not that I think the the rest of the avengers are going to hurt me, like I previously said they are good guys.

"Hey liv you stand there much longer and there will be no more food." Don't worry they don't bite." Mr. Stark said, spotting me.

I walked to my seat and there on the table, was boxes upon boxes of pizza. Is this what a pizza party looks like?

They were all eating and talking with each other. "Um, do I just take a slice, Pete?" I whisper to him. He tries to hide his chuckle as he says a quick "yeah".

Lunch was great. Everyone just continued as if I wasn't a random girl eating their Food. That was until Black Widow spoke to me. "So Olivia, Pete says you like doing the first ad, why is that?"

Oh no, people are talking to me now.

"I don't like hospitals or doctors. The hospital is too bright, and the doctor's job is to touch me and judge what is wrong with me. But I'maccident-pronee so in order to avoid medical assistance, I learned how to treat myself. Then Peter became Spider-Man and I found out I could use my knowledge to help him." I was able to say with a lot more confidence than I thought. Though I am rocking back and forth now.

They kept talking, but I was no longer listening. I want to go home now. I know I can't but I just want something that feels familiar. I like these people though. They are really nice, but there are too many of them right now. I want to leave but no one has gotten up from the table yet.

I guess I started hyperventilating because Mr. Stark gently put a hand on my shoulder. I jumped a bit before I realized who was touching me. "Why don't you come with me and Pete to the lab." With a nod of my head Mr. Stark, Peter, and I leave the common room.

It takes a few moments for me to be able to breathe somewhat normally. Mr. Stark and Peter started working on something while checking every so often to check if I'm ok.

'I'm such a loser, they weren't even that scary. But of course, I had to freak out. I want to be their friend, like Peter.' during my lecture Ms. Pots and Dr. Banner came into the lab.