(16)

3rd person POV

" I'm Jessica Simmons with the Daily Bugle. Earlier today there was an attack on the school, our sources say that the villain, named The Masked Shadow was under the impression that Spider-Man is somehow connected to the school, and we must agree. Spider-Man was spotted jumping through the destruction made by the villain only a few minutes after the Arrival of The Masked Shadow. Though Spider-Man wasn't the only hero that showed up during the attack on Midtown. Tony Stark as Iron Man made his appearance right as the villain was making his getaway, though instead of going after the aircraft assisting the criminal, he made a B-line for Spider-Man himself. Not long after Spider-man was seen fleeing the area as Stark made his way into the school, exiting half an hour later with one of the students. He left all witnesses with questions as he drove away with the girl, as well as another student that looked related to the girl in some way. Is one of these kids, the one we have seen countless times with the billionaire over the last year? Are these his kids, and if yes is that why Spider-Man has his eyes on Midtown? All questions we have hope to have answered soon."

All the Avengers were sitting in the common room listening to the news, the twins are in their room, Olivia needed some familiarity, and Peter not wanting to leave his sister, joined her.

 Everyone knew that this was going to need to be dealt with as there is no hiding the fact that Tony did personally escort the twins back to the tower. F.R.I.D.A.Y's broke through the heavy silence that lay over the avengers who were deep in their thoughts.

 "Incoming call from May Parker."

Tony's POV

I was deep in my thoughts about what to do with the kids when F.R.I.D.A.Y's voice interrupted my train of thought. "Incoming call from May Parker" 

well, this is going to be fun. Pressing accepted I bring the phone up to my ear. Before I could even say anything May started yelling. "Stark, why are my niece and nephew on the news? What happened? Is Olivia ok? Neither she nor Peter is answering their phone. Does that villain have anything to do with you? I haven't even been gone a week yet. You know what I'll be on the next plane home." 

" Woh there May, it's fine. Olivia had an overloud but she is good now. The school will be out for the next few days as there are repairs that need to be made. And the kids are in their room cooling down. I got there as soon as I could. I had to get Olivia out of there. That's where all of the media attention is coming from." May seemed to calm down a bit but then she burst out once again. 

"Olivia had an overload, Tony that's not an 'it's fine'..." 

she tried to continue but I cut her off. "Olivia is a lot stronger than she seems. Yes, it was bad but she got over it quickly. There was a hostage situation where the bad guy tried using her as a shield. She headbutted him in the face then crotch-shot him and ran. It might have been a bigger reaction than others, but not by much. She is fine." 

There was a long moment of silence on the other side of the phone. 

"She really did that? *sigh* ok. What about the media, what are you going to tell them?" It was my turn to sigh. I slumped down in my seat, rubbing at my forming headache. 

" I don't know. If it was just Pete then that would be one thing but with Olivia as well that is a lot harder to dance around."  I don't want the kid's life slowed down by everyone trying to ask them stupid questions. but on the other hand  

"hmmm, if the kids are ok with it you can tell them about the living situation, though with that kind of information it might make things worse, I will leave that up to you. Thank you for keeping them safe." 

she hung up the phone, leaving me with a big choice to make. Do I tell the world that I have two teenagers living with me, or do I dismiss it?

A/N) sorry it has been so long since I have posted I'm in the middle of midterms. hopefully, I'll be able to write more as soon as winter break starts.