(31)

Olivia's POV

Today is the day that I'm going to meet my potential service animal, and I'm so excited. As my legal guardian, Mr. Stark is coming with me, but everyone else is going to meet with the dog after we are bonded, or at least that's what I think the email was saying.

As we pull up to the building Mr. Stark turns to me, "You ready kid?" he asks I'm fiddling with the strings of my SI tek hoodie as I give him a big smile nodding enthusiasticly. He nods back getting out of the car, and circling around to get my door before I could.

"Hello and welcome to Pups for needs. please take a seat and sign these forms, and a member of our team will be out shortly." The Man behind the desk said his pre-rehearsed lines not hiding his gawking at Mr. Stark very well. The latter of the two takes the small stack of papers and we sit down. My nerves are starting to get the best of me as we sit in the waiting room, reminding me of a medical clinic. Soon enough though a taller older man came from the back room.

"You must be Olivia. My name is Clark Harris, and I'm the trainer of Padfoot the dog that you have matched with." this situation is making me uncomfortable. "If the two of you will follow me we can get you acquainted with him." We walked with Mr. Harris coming to a decent-sized room, with couches, and this utterly beautiful full black Border Collie sat in the medial of the room.

My heart was beating so fast as I looked at him. I think I'm in love. As we entered the room he looked at us, I made eye contact with his icy blues. Oh, my heart. "Olivia this is Padfoot. Padfoot this is Olivia." Mr.Harris said directing me and Mr. Stark to one of the couches. "Olivia when you are ready release him from his seat by saying his name then the first command on this sheet." he handed me a piece of paper full of commands and what they do. I take a deep breath getting my nerves under control.

"Padfoot, Come here," I say with as much confidence as I can. He comes over to us quickly looking me in the eye, giving a puppy smile as he waits for his next command. "Ok, now you can offer your hand to him to let him smell you." I do as I am told and offer the back of my hand. "when you are ready you can pet him." I needed no more than that to start rubbing his head. I continued for a few minutes until Mr. Harris insisted we continue.

we spent the next hour going over basic exercises, such as 'Buffer' which makes Padfoot circle me, making a barrier between me and everything else. Or follow, which is self-explanatory. Of course, we also went over basic commands like sit, down, stay, stand, heal, in front, forward, and backward. My favorite was 'visit', which was the command to go to someone to be a pet. I was having so much fun that I was kind of upset when the session was over.

"I think that's enough practice for now." Mr. Harris states. "The last two commands on the list are to signify either the beginning of his work or the end of it. This is important because Marbels needs to know when he is supposed to be paying his full attention to you or if he is free to act like a dog. This doesn't mean that he won't respond to commands, but he won't be as focused. which is ok from time to time. So like before when you are ready go ahead and use the command to tell him he no longer needs to be in high focus mode."

"Padfoot look," I say getting him to look at my eyes. "Ok, you're free." and with that, he starts jumping around and wiggling. He is acting like a very excited puppy, he goes and says hi to Mr. Stark before coming back to me. I get down on the floor and start petting and loving on him. After twenty minutes of this, it's time for me and Mr. Stark to go home. We will be coming back tomorrow, and for the next ten days as I go through the basic training. after that, we get to take him home to the Tower.

____________

Padfoot and I have been through most of the training. the last few days we have been working on outings with him. This was not my favorite as we went to high-stress investments like restaurants and the mall, but having Padfoot there did help a lot. Today is the day though, were we are starting to introduce Padfoot to the members of the Avangers. Peter and Mrs. Potts got to meet him yesterday and it was uneventful. Peter was so excited, both for me and because we finally got a dog.

Mr. Stark had pulled up to the front of the tower with me and Padfoot in the back seat. When we got out of the car Mr. Stark handed Happy the key before we entered the building, where we waited in the lobby for Mr. Harris to arrive. before we left we had already picked up the visitor pass for Mr. Harris, along with Padfoot's official SI badge, which is the first animal badge. There have been several service animal visitor passes in the past but Mables' is the first official badge.

It wasn't long before Mr. Harris arrived and the four of us headed through security, which Marbels handled like a pro. When we made it up to the common area everyone was already there waiting. My heart started beating a bit faster but then I felt a slight pressure on my thigh. An encouraging Marbels was nudging me, which made me smile and instantly calm down.

"Guys this is my new service dog Padfoot, he is super cool," I say excitedly. "He is a really good worker and he is the bestest boy." I give him a good pat before sending him over to Peter. "Go visit Peter," I state, and he walks right up to my brother to get loved. "Come Padfoot." My dog came running back over to me. I start at one side of the room with Mrs. Rominoff, then Mr. Barton, going to meet them one by one till we end with Mr. Banner. I could tell that Marbels was a bit confused at the amount of people he was meeting, though it looked like he was enjoying it.

The next hour was spent playing and showing everyone all of Padfoot's tricks and commands partly because they are awesome, but mostly to get him used to performing his duty with the distraction of new friends.

The time for Harris to take Padfoot back to the facility came too soon, but this will be the last time because as of tomorrow Marbels will be officially mine and will be living with us here at the Avengers tower. Mrs. Potts helped me set up his space in our room, along with a couple of other places around the tower. I am so excited for my new life as a service dog handler.

A/N) And Of course here is a visual of Padfoot.

Thanks a lot for all the support